Subject: [GROW] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-grow-bgp-graceful-shutdown-requirements-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 13:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Global Routing Operations Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Requirements for the graceful shutdown of BGP sessions 
	Author(s)	: B. Decraene, P. Francois, c. pelsser, Z. Ahmad, A. Armengol
	Filename	: draft-ietf-grow-bgp-graceful-shutdown-requirements-00.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2009-6-5
	
   The BGP protocol is heavily used in Service Provider networks both 
   for Internet and BGP/MPLS VPN services. For resiliency purposes, 
   redundant routers and BGP sessions can be deployed to reduce the 
   consequences of an AS Border Router or BGP session breakdown on 
   customers' or peers' traffic. However simply taking down or even up a 
   BGP session for maintenance purposes may still induce connectivity 
   losses during the BGP convergence. This is no more satisfactory for 
   new applications (e.g. voice over IP, on line gaming, VPN). 
   Therefore, a solution is required for the graceful shutdown of a (set 
   of) BGP session(s) in order to limit the amount of traffic loss 
   during a planned shutdown. This document expresses requirements for 
   such a solution. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-grow-bgp-graceful-shutdown-requirements-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.