Subject: [GROW] Call for WG Adoption - draft-shishio-grow-isp-rfd-implement-survey-01

From: Christopher Morrow <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 09:55:08 +0200

Given the discussion in IDR yesterday and in GROW today, it seems that
the room temperature pushed to adoption the survey work and potential
default's change discussion to GROW. Could we get some discussion
on-list about this, draft:
draft-shishio-grow-isp-rfd-implement-survey-01

<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-shishio-grow-isp-rfd-implement-survey-01>

"BGP Route Flap Damping [RFC2439] is a mechanism that targets route
   stability.  It penalyzes routes that flap with the aim of reducing
   CPU load on the routers.

   But it has side-effects.  Thus, in 2006, RIPE recommended not to use
   Route Flap Damping (see RIPE-378).

   Now, some researchers propose to turn RFD, with less aggressive
   parameters, back on [draft-ymbk-rfd-usable].

   This document describes results of a survey conducted amoung service
   provider on their use of BGP Route Flap Damping."

Again, with the goal to pick up the draft as a WG Item, and end up
feeding Route Flap Dampening defaults back into vendor
implementations.

Thanks!
-Chris
grow-co-chair