Subject: [GROW] I-D Action: draft-ietf-grow-ix-bgp-route-server-operations-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 10:42:46 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Global Routing Operations Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Internet Exchange Route Server Operations
	Author(s)       : Nick Hilliard
                          Elisa Jasinska
                          Robert Raszuk
                          Niels Bakker
	Filename        : draft-ietf-grow-ix-bgp-route-server-operations-01.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2013-08-28

Abstract:
   The popularity of Internet exchange points (IXPs) brings new
   challenges to interconnecting networks.  While bilateral eBGP
   sessions between exchange participants were historically the most
   common means of exchanging reachability information over an IXP, the
   overhead associated with this interconnection method causes serious
   operational and administrative scaling problems for IXP participants.

   Multilateral interconnection using Internet route servers can
   dramatically reduce the administrative and operational overhead of
   IXP participation and these systems used by many IXP participants as
   a preferred means of exchanging routing information.

   This document describes operational considerations for multilateral
   interconnections at IXPs.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-grow-ix-bgp-route-server-operations

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-grow-ix-bgp-route-server-operations-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-grow-ix-bgp-route-server-operations-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/