Subject: [GROW] Last Call: <draft-ietf-grow-bmp-15.txt> (BGP Monitoring Protocol) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2015 07:32:56 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Global Routing Operations WG
(grow) to consider the following document:
- 'BGP Monitoring Protocol'
  <draft-ietf-grow-bmp-15.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-09-15. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines a protocol, BMP, that can be used to monitor
   BGP sessions.  BMP is intended to provide a convenient interface for
   obtaining route views.  Prior to introduction of BMP, screen-scraping
   was the most commonly-used approach to obtaining such views.  The
   design goals are to keep BMP simple, useful, easily implemented, and
   minimally service-affecting.  BMP is not suitable for use as a
   routing protocol.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-grow-bmp/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-grow-bmp/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.