Subject: [GROW] Ben Campbell's No Objection on draft-ietf-grow-blackholing-02: (with COMMENT)

From: "Ben Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2016 11:57:27 -0700

Ben Campbell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-grow-blackholing-02: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-grow-blackholing/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm balloting "no objection", but I share some of the discomfort around
Stephen's discuss point 1, and will follow the conversation in the
resulting thread. 

The "extreme caution" admonition in 3.2 could use elaboration. In the
email thread related to Stephen's discuss, Jeff mentioned existing
undocumented operational practices that mitigate the risk of accidental
propagation; perhaps something along those lines could be mentioned here?