Subject: Re: [GROW] Peter stepping down as chair - volunteers?

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2018 12:35:27 +0000

Hi all,

So far I have one good candidate, but I felt it only correct to give
everyone a chance, and so I’ll wait till Tuesday to select a chair.

W

On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 9:28 AM Warren Kumari <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi there GROWers,
>
> Sadly, Peter has just let me know that, due to other time commitments,
> he will be stepping down as one of the GROW chairs.
> I'd like to take a moment to thank him for all of his hard work, and
> also to ask for volunteers who would be willing to set up and serve.
>
> GROW is always a low drama WG (thanks!) , and Chris is a very
> accomplished chair, and so this would be a fine WG to gain experience
> with if you've never chaired before.
>
> Many / most of the GROW participants are also long time IETF
> participants, and so are likely somewhat familiar with what chairing a
> WG involves, but those who are not:
> The Tao is always a good reference: https://www6.ietf.org/tao.html, as
> is the WG chairs page: https://www.ietf.org/chairs/
>
> I, and I'm sure Chris, will be happy to provide more info / details as
> well.
>
> Please let me know if you're interested in being considered,
> preferably by Friday.
>
> W
>
> --
> I don't think the execution is relevant when it was obviously a bad
> idea in the first place.
> This is like putting rabid weasels in your pants, and later expressing
> regret at having chosen those particular rabid weasels and that pair
> of pants.
>    ---maf
>
-- 
I don't think the execution is relevant when it was obviously a bad idea in
the first place.
This is like putting rabid weasels in your pants, and later expressing
regret at having chosen those particular rabid weasels and that pair of
pants.
   ---maf

---

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2018 11:15:29 -0500

Dear GROWlers[0],

I'd like to thank everyone who put their names forward - after my
second note I got a number of good candidates volunteering.
After much thought (and it wasn't an easy decision) I've decided to
select Job Snijders as the new chair.

I'd like to thank everyone who volunteered again - I really appreciate
your willingness to step forward when needed.
Also, I'd like to thank Peter again for all of this time and energies
running the group.

Thanks and see you all in London,
W

[0]: I've decided that this is the new collective noun :-P

On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 9:28 AM, Warren Kumari <[email-masked]> wrote:
> I, and I'm sure Chris, will be happy to provide more info / details as well.
>