Subject: [GROW] I-D Action: draft-ietf-grow-bmp-adj-rib-out-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2018 16:04:39 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Global Routing Operations WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Support for Adj-RIB-Out in BGP Monitoring Protocol (BMP)
        Authors         : Tim Evens
                          Serpil Bayraktar
                          Paolo Lucente
                          Penghui Mi
                          Shunwan Zhuang
	Filename        : draft-ietf-grow-bmp-adj-rib-out-01.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2018-03-02

Abstract:
   The BGP Monitoring Protocol (BMP) defines access to only the Adj-RIB-
   In Routing Information Bases (RIBs).  This document updates the BGP
   Monitoring Protocol (BMP) RFC 7854 by adding access to the Adj-RIB-
   Out RIBs.  It adds a new flag to the peer header to distinguish Adj-
   RIB-In and Adj-RIB-Out.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-grow-bmp-adj-rib-out/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-grow-bmp-adj-rib-out-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-grow-bmp-adj-rib-out-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-grow-bmp-adj-rib-out-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Serpil Bayraktar (serpil)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2018 21:15:05 +0000

Hi,

This is the second BMP draft (Adj-RIB-Out) that we just published. Again, majority of the changes are clarifications based on conversations and questions except for Section 6.3.1.

Section 5.1 clarifies that Adj-Rib-Out Post-Policy is what is actually sent to the peer.

Section 5.2 Pre-policy mainly states that all mandatory BGP path attributes MUST be set to zero or have empty length (in addition to clarification for the sue of adj-rib-out pre-policy).

In Section 6.3.1 intends to address the issue raised about peer-groups. Since each vendors implementation of peer-groups is different, we propose that the routers include an Admin Label in the Peer UP Informational TLV.  Section 7.1 discusses how these labels can be used to associate peers with certain groups and monitor their policies accordingly. We are looking for feedback from the list on the use of admin labels.

Thanks,
Serpil

From: GROW <[email-masked]> on behalf of "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Friday, March 2, 2018 at 4:05 PM
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked] [email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [GROW] I-D Action: draft-ietf-grow-bmp-adj-rib-out-01.txt

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
GROW mailing list
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/grow