Subject: [GROW] FW: I-D Action: draft-ietf-grow-bmp-local-rib-01.txt

From: "Serpil Bayraktar (serpil)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2018 20:58:03 +0000

Hi,

We have just updated BMP local-rib draft. While the changes seem a lot, they are mostly clarifications (based on the questions that were asked). There is one change we noticed (after sending 01 draft) that needs to be revised however. In Section 5.3 Peer Down Notification, we added that:

“The VRF/Table Name informational TLV SHOULD be included if it was in the Peer UP.”

However, Peer Down message in RFC7854/section 4.9 does not have any specification for including TLVs so we will have to remove this. There are some benefits to having TLVs in the Peer Down messages (from a collector point of view) but this is something we need to discuss in the context of RFC 7854 update.

Looking for comments/feedback.

Thanks,
Serpil

From: GROW <[email-masked]> on behalf of "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Friday, February 23, 2018 at 5:23 PM
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked] [email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [GROW] I-D Action: draft-ietf-grow-bmp-local-rib-01.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Global Routing Operations WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Support for Local RIB in BGP Monitoring Protocol (BMP)
        Authors         : Tim Evens
                          Serpil Bayraktar
                          Manish Bhardwaj
                          Paolo Lucente
                Filename        : draft-ietf-grow-bmp-local-rib-01.txt
                Pages           : 14
                Date            : 2018-02-23

Abstract:
   The BGP Monitoring Protocol (BMP) defines access to the Adj-RIB-In
   and locally originated routes (e.g. routes distributed into BGP from
   protocols such as static) but not access to the BGP instance Loc-RIB.
   This document updates the BGP Monitoring Protocol (BMP) RFC 7854 by
   adding access to the BGP instance Local-RIB, as defined in RFC 4271
   the routes that have been selected by the local BGP speaker's
   Decision Process.  These are the routes over all peers, locally
   originated, and after best-path selection.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-grow-bmp-local-rib/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-grow-bmp-local-rib-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-grow-bmp-local-rib-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-grow-bmp-local-rib-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
GROW mailing list
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/grow