Subject: [GROW] Last Call: <draft-ietf-grow-wkc-behavior-03.txt> (Well-Known Community Policy Behavior) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2019 14:17:53 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Global Routing Operations WG (grow)
to consider the following document: - 'Well-Known Community Policy Behavior'
  <draft-ietf-grow-wkc-behavior-03.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-05-13. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Well-Known BGP Communities are manipulated inconsistently by current
   implementations.  This results in difficulties for operators.
   Network operators are encouraged to deploy consistent community
   handling across their networks, taking the inconsistent behaviors
   from the various BGP implementations they operate into consideration.
   Also, BGP implementors are expected to not create any further
   inconsistencies from this point forward.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-grow-wkc-behavior/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-grow-wkc-behavior/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.