Subject: [GROW] draft-lucente-grow-bmp-tlv-ebit

From: Paolo Lucente <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 17:28:42 +0100

Dear WG colleagues,

A brief email to say i have just refreshed 
draft-lucente-grow-bmp-tlv-ebit to version -02.

The draft expired already for some time, my bad, despite we authors did 
receive some useful feedback at the end of 2020 from Jeff Haas, Thomas 
Graf and Pierre Francois that has now been incorporated in -02.

Maybe it would be also a good idea - if WG chairs are already looking 
for topics for IETF 113 - to present the content of this draft again at 
our next meeting to refresh our minds a bit.

Paolo

A new version of I-D, draft-lucente-grow-bmp-tlv-ebit-02.txt
has been successfully submitted by Paolo Lucente and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-lucente-grow-bmp-tlv-ebit
Revision:	02
Title:		Support for Enterprise-specific TLVs in the BGP Monitoring Protocol
Document date:	2022-01-17
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		6
URL: 
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-lucente-grow-bmp-tlv-ebit-02.txt
Status: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lucente-grow-bmp-tlv-ebit/
Htmlized: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-lucente-grow-bmp-tlv-ebit
Diff: 
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-lucente-grow-bmp-tlv-ebit-02

Abstract:
    Message types defined by the BGP Monitoring Protocol (BMP) do
    provision for data in TLV - Type, Length, Value - format, either in
    the shape of optional TLVs at the end of a BMP message or Stats
    Reports TLVs.  However the space for Type value is unique and
    governed by IANA.  To allow the usage of vendor-specific TLVs, a
    mechanism to define per-vendor Type values is required.  In this
    document we introduce an Enterprise Bit, or E-bit, for such purpose.

---

From: Christopher Morrow <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 10:19:00 -0500

> our next meeting to refresh our minds a bit.
we would welcome a presentation to refresh our memories!
thanks!
-chris

> _______________________________________________
> GROW mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/grow
>