Subject: Re: ForCES Recommendation - Final Draft (fwd from [email-masked])

From: ad <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 18:46:00 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

This one bounced from a non member [[email-masked]] but since it was
relevant to the GSMP WG I am passing it on.

To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
From: [email-masked]
CC: "Putzolu, David" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: ForCES Recommendation - Final Draft

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

>>>>> "Putzolu," == Putzolu, David <[email-masked]> writes:
    Putzolu> The Forwarding Element Functional Model deliverable
    Putzolu> on the ForCES charter will inform us of many of the
    Putzolu> attributes that a protocol must have in order to realize
    Putzolu> ForCES.  As such, I'd suggest a wording that reflects this:

  (David is aware of some of the following, but ForCES people in general, may not).

  At the June meeting of the Network Processor Forum (in beautiful Nice) this
week a lot of effort was spent on a similar Functional Block model.

  NPF, being a lot less open than IETF, is in the process of figuring out how
to share this stuff with GSMP and ForCES.

  {I am not speaking in any official NPF capacity}

   :!mcr!:            |  Solidum Systems Corporation, http://www.solidum.com
   Michael Richardson |    Travelling... if you don't know where I am, how should I?
 Personal: <A HREF="http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/People/Michael_Richardson/Bio.html">[email-masked]</A>. PGP key available.
 Corporate: <A HREF="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A>.