Subject: ForCES Recommendation

From: "Avri Doria" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 17:32:20 -0400

Hi,

The following is a rough consensus recommendation of the GSMP WG.  
This is submitted in response to the following GSMP charter item:
            Analyze role of GSMP for control element separation 
            and make recommendation as to a separate WG for extending 
            GSMP for this

Recommendation:

         The GSMP WG suggests that requirements for one or more
         protocols to manage and control the separation
         of an IP control element from the forwarding element be
         first documented by another WG, e.g. the proposed ForCES
         group.  Only after these requirements have been established
         and approved, will it be time to review GSMP as a possible
         candidate solution for those requirements.

--
Avri Doria
+1 401 663 5024
===============
co-chair GSMP WG