Subject: q about connection records

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 20:55:46 -0400 (EDT)

I just joined the list. I'm doing a 'cleanroom' implementation of GSMPv3
for a research project here, and am currently trying to implement the
Report Connection State message. There's a reference in the description
of "Connection Records" to "the More flag of the last Connection Record
in a success reponse message.." (this is page 75, the 4th and 5th lines
above the figure).

I don't seem to be able to find the text in which the More flag is defined.
Would someone be so kind as to point me to the relevant para?

Similarly the Last Branch flag referred to on page 76.

Not seeing the definition of either flag, I'm finding it difficult
to figure how many Connection Records and Output Branches.

(By the way, might it be the case that the Record Count (defined p76)
refers to the number of Output Branch Records, rather than to the
number of Connection Records as stated? Since each Connection Record
has an associated Record Count, I don't see why one would wish to
replicate this one value multiple times in a response message. Perhaps
I'm misunderstanding the intent of the spec?)

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the bother. I assume that I'm just
overlooking or misunderstanding how this message should be parsed,
but it's not coming to me after repeated readings and greps of the
draft.

				Regards, Jim Snyder
				[email-masked]

				AT&T Labs - Research
				Shannon Laboratory
				180 Park Ave.
				Florham Park, NJ 07932

				973-360-8214 (voice)
				973-360-8455 (fax)

---

From: "Avri Doria" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 21:36:08 -0400

Hi,

The reference is to the More setting of the result field.  This is 
documented on Page 10.  

It is probably
-- 

Avri Doria
+1 401 663 5024
===============
http://www.aidsride.org/new/northeast/index.htm
Rider : 1063

---

From: "Kenneth Sundell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 12:47:10 +0200

Jim,

> Would someone be so kind as to point me to the relevant para?

New proposed text:

"More" in the Reslut field of a response message indicates
that one or more further success response messages should
be expected in response to the same request message.
"Success" in the Result field indicates that the response
to the request has been completed. The Result values are
defined in chapter 3.1.1.

> Similarly the Last Branch flag referred to on page 76.

The Last Branch flag was removed in the -04 version of the spec and the Record
Count was introduced instead. The record count indicates the number of output
branch records in a response. I will remove the dangling reference...

> I'm misunderstanding the intent of the spec?)

As Avri pointed out, this is a bug. Proposed text.

Record Count
Count of Output Branch Records included in a response message.

> but it's not coming to me after repeated readings and greps of the

Thanks for your comments. If there are no objections to the proposed changes
i will include this in the next version of the spec which will be out within a
couple of days.

Regards,
Ken