Subject: Update Peer Verifier

From: "Georg Kullgren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 19:09:51 +0200

Hi,

In the State Table in Chapter 11.2.1 in draft 9 for the states
SYNSENT and SYNRCVD we have the following line:

+======================================================================+
|     Condition      |                Action               | New State |
+====================+=====================================+===========+
|    SYNACK && C     |  Update Peer Verifier; Send ACK     |   ESTAB   |
+--------------------+-------------------------------------+-----------+

The C check verifies the 
  Sender Instance, Sender Port, Sender Name and Partition ID.
The Update Peer Verifier updates the
  Sender Instance, Sender Port, Sender Name and Partition ID.

It seems to me that the Update Peer Verifier is useless here since we
already checked that the Instance, port, name and partition ID matched.

Did I overlook something?

Regards
/Georg

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Georg Kullgren            Nortel Networks AB    [email-masked]
System Architect          S:t Eriksgatan 115 A  Tel:   +46-8-50 88 36 18
Routing Architecture Lab  SE-113 85 Stockholm   Mobile: +46-703-14 36 18
                          Sweden                Fax:   +46-8-50 88 35 01

---

From: "Georg Kullgren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 08:58:32 +0200

Sorry, my mistake.
There's nothing wrong with this line in the State Table.
I didn't read the C definition carefully enough...

Regards
/Georg