Subject: another dumb question

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2001 16:49:03 -0400 (EDT)

In message 52, Report Connection State, the figure on page 75 and the
figure on page 77 (response message format) seem to imply that the
length of the input label and the output label in the response will
be one 32b quantity.

This is different from the way labels are formatted thruout the rest
of the spec.

Am I correct in assuming that the label fields on page 75 and 77 should
follow the usage in the rest of the spec (which for ATM would be two
32b chunks)? Or am I simply missing the text which specifies how these
labels are to be formatted in message 52?

				Thanks, Jim Snyder
				[email-masked]

---

From: Hans Sjöstrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 09:12:03 +0200

Jim,

You are perfectly correct, the figures hasn't been updated correctly. 
This is fixed in the 09 version (figure below) which is eating it's 
way through the I-D publishing process right now and should appear 
on a server near you in a few days. 

   Each Connection Record has the following format:

   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |A|V|P|     Record Count    |           Record Length           |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |x|S|x|x|                                                       |
   +-+-+-+-+                    Input Label                        |
   ~                                                               ~
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |                                                               |
   ~                   Output Branch Records                       ~
   |                                                               |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Regards
/// Hasse

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
> [email-masked]
> Sent: den 1 juli 2001 22:49
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: another dumb question
> 
>