Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-gsmp-mib-05.txt

From: ad <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 11:00:19 -0400 (EDT)

To: IETF-Announce: ;
Cc: [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-gsmp-mib-05.txt
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 10:55:12 -0400
Sender: [email-masked]

--NextPart

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the General Switch Management Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Definitions of Managed Objects for the General Switch
                          Management Protocol (GSMP)
	Author(s)	: H. Sjostrand, J. Buerkle, B. Srinivasan
	Filename	: draft-ietf-gsmp-mib-05.txt
	Pages		: 47
	Date		: 29-Jun-01

This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
for use with network management protocols in the Internet community.
In particular, it describes managed objects for the General Switch
Management Protocol (GSMP).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-gsmp-mib-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-gsmp-mib-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-gsmp-mib-05.txt".

NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

--NextPart
Content-Type: Multipart/Alternative; Boundary="OtherAccess"

--OtherAccess
Content-Type: Message/External-body;
	access-type="mail-server";
	server="[email-masked]"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>

ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-gsmp-mib-05.txt

--OtherAccess
Content-Type: Message/External-body;
	name="draft-ietf-gsmp-mib-05.txt";
	site="ftp.ietf.org";
	access-type="anon-ftp";
	directory="internet-drafts"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>

--OtherAccess--

--NextPart--

---

From: Hans Sjostrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 17:50:12 +0200

Finally there is a new version of the GSMP mib. It's updated with 
all the comments from the IESG review and according to the meeting
discussion in Minneapolis. It's also updated to reflect the changes
made to the base spec because of it's IESG review. 

The reason for the delay is that we wanted the mib and the spec to be
aligned, and the IESG review process was simply longer for the spec. 
Sorry for keeping you waiting. 

The changes between 04 and 05 version are
  - Added more text about the generic concepts of GSMP.
  - IF-MIB is now RFC 2863, not 2233
  - In CONTACT INFO, added WG mailing list,subscribe,archive info
  - Added a REVISION clause to the MODULE-IDENTITY
  - Notification OIDs updated with less overhead
  - Removed trap from Notification names
  - Added text about rows created outside SNMP.
  - Clarified port and instance number descriptions.
  - Clarified when objects can be changed in active row
  - gsmpSessionStatUptime changed to TimeStamp and renamed to
    gsmpSessionStartUptime
  - gsmpSessionStatFailureIndication renamed gsmpSessionStatFailureInds
  - ReceivedFailure got an s for plurality
  - gsmpEventLabel now of GsmpLabelType (new TC based on octet string).
  - Added SYNTAX clauses to inet-address objects compliance.
  - GsmpVersion TC changed from enumerated to Unsigned32
  - controller and switch instance numbers changed to read-only
  - gsmpThisSideId and gsmpFarSideId removed from Notifications,
    session ids is inferred from OIDs of the objects instead.
  - gsmpThisSideId and gsmpFarSideId objects removed
  - StorageType object added.
  - encapType objects removed, instead encap type is given by a
    encap entry with same id.
  - Creation order defined.
  - ptype updated to align with draft-ietf-gsmp-09

You have a pdf-version of the I-D with changebars etc on 
http://www.ipunplugged.com/images/files/draft-ietf-gsmp-mib-05.pdf
in order to make it easier to track the changes. 

It's up to Kenneth, Avri and Allison to judge if a 2:nd WG last call is 
needed. However, please review and comment on the changes. 

IESG will thereafter take a 2:nd round. 

Regards
/// Hasse  

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
> ad
> Sent: den 2 juli 2001 17:00
> To: [email-masked]