Subject: The list of changes in -gsmp-09

From: "Avri Doria" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2001 10:22:12 -0400

Hi,

-gsmp-09 has all the fixes we got from reviewers, fixes to comments
we have received from IANA (indirectly), a bunch of cosmetic changes
and some clarifications we have put in due to questions we have been 
getting from folks doing implementations.  It is still lacking
any fixes that may result from IESG review.  We were waiting for these
before putting out this version, but since the old one seemed to 
have expired we figured now was as good a time as any for a rev.

The list of changes is included below.  I don't personally think we 
have made any substantive changes, but some may border on that, e.g. 
changes 23-25 listed below.

I have asked the ADs for a ruling on whether another last call was 
required.  Since the number of changes is small the decisions was 
left up to the WG.  I propose that we do not do another last call,
but I would like to hear from opinions from the WG.  If we did do
another last call it would be an abbreviated one and it would only
pertain to the changes made since the last last call.  

I think the same marginality argument would apply to some of the 
changes that went into the MIB  after Hans edited in response to 
Bert's  (in his role as AD of O&M) comments. 

Also, for anyone who might have been concerned about the other 
drafts in the set having expired.  I was informed by the secretariat
that once documents have been through an IESG last call, they do no
expire.

BTW, I would still like to get this to proposed before we open all the
cans of worms to do with adding the optical support.  I have the ADs 
support in this, and am really hopeful.  

Thanks
a.
co-chair

---

Apart from corrections of cosmetic nature the following 
changes were made:

1. [all spec] Changed label formats from short labels to long labels 
    in places where the old formats still were present.
 
2. [page 2] Changed the list of contributors to alphabetic order.

3. [page 2] Added folk to the list of contributors.

4. [ch 3.1.1] Clarified "Length".

5. [ch 3.1.1] Clarified the ReturnReceipt text in chapter.

6. [ch 3.2.1.1] Clarified Option 3.

7. [ch 4] removed all references to "Number of Branches"
 
8. [ch 4.8] Added input/output to Service Selectors

9. [ch 4.9] Added input/output to Service Selectors

10. [ch 5.1] Removed unused flags from Reservation ID.

11. [ch 5.1] Added input/output to Service Selectors

12. [ch 5.3] Corrected the Delete All Reservation message.

13. [ch 6.1] Made chapter more clear in terms of definitions and
wording.

14. [ch 6.1] Added word "preferable" (Function->bring up)

15. [ch 6.2] Added definition for remaining labels.

16. [ch 6.2] Changed Label Data Block -> Label Range Block

17. [ch 6.2.1.4] Added section about FEC labels

18. [ch 7.3] Clarified text in the definitions of "Connection Records", 
    "Record Count", "Record Length" and "Output Branch Records".

19. [ch 8.2.1] Changed in Label Range Block -> Default Label Range Block

20. [ch 8.2.1] Changed in Label Data Block -> Default Label Range Block

21. [ch 8.2.1.4] Added section about FEC Labels
 
22. [ch 8.3] Added Event Sequence Number field to All Port Config
    Message in order to align with Port Configuration message [8.2].  

23. [ch 8.3] Added Port Attribute Flags field to All Port Config
    Message to align with Port Configuration message [8.2].

24. [ch 8.3] Swapped the unused flag fields with 
    "Number of Records" field in order to align with the message 
    format of Port Config message [8.2]. This applies both to the 
    All config message and the Port Records part included.

25. [ch 8.4] Swapped the bit field with "number of 
    Service records" in order to align with the other messages in [ch 8]

26. [ch 9.2] Added the obvious case of Test state->Down state.

27. [ch 11.1] Clarified Version number negotiation 

28. [ch 11.2] Remove the separation of receiver/sender partition id 

29. [ch 11.3] Reworked the complete chapter. The update/new paragraphs 
    describes the rules of partition handling.

30. [ch 12] codes 15 and 33 clarified (separated).

31. [references] Changed reference #6 port numbers->www.iana.org

32. [references] Changed reference #15 mpls label stack draft->rfc 3032

33. [references] Changed reference #18 iana if mib->www.iana.org

34. [references] Changed reference #19 mpls ldp spec draft->rfc 3036

35. [references] Changed reference #22 mpls fr draft->rfc 3034

36. [Appendix B] Reworked complete IANA considerations

Apart from corrections of cosmetic nature the following 
changes were made:

1. [all spec] Changed label formats from short labels to long labels 
    in places where the old formats still were present.
 
2. [page 2] Changed the list of contributors to alphabetic order.

3. [page 2] Added folk to the list of contributors.

4. [ch 3.1.1] Clarified "Length".

5. [ch 3.1.1] Clarified the ReturnReceipt text in chapter.

6. [ch 3.2.1.1] Clarified Option 3.

7. [ch 4] removed all references to "Number of Branches"
 
8. [ch 4.8] Added input/output to Service Selectors

9. [ch 4.9] Added input/output to Service Selectors

10. [ch 5.1] Removed unused flags from Reservation ID.

11. [ch 5.1] Added input/output to Service Selectors

12. [ch 5.3] Corrected the Delete All Reservation message.

13. [ch 6.1] Made chapter more clear in terms of definitions and wording.

14. [ch 6.1] Added word "preferable" (Function->bring up)

15. [ch 6.2] Added definition for remaining labels.

16. [ch 6.2] Changed Label Data Block -> Label Range Block

17. [ch 6.2.1.4] Added section about FEC labels

18. [ch 7.3] Clarified text in the definitions of "Connection Records", 
    "Record Count", "Record Length" and "Output Branch Records".

19. [ch 8.2.1] Changed in Label Range Block -> Default Label Range Block

20. [ch 8.2.1] Changed in Label Data Block -> Default Label Range Block

21. [ch 8.2.1.4] Added section about FEC Labels
 
22. [ch 8.3] Added Event Sequence Number field to All Port Config
    Message in order to align with Port Configuration message [8.2].  

23. [ch 8.3] Added Port Attribute Flags field to All Port Config
    Message to align with Port Configuration message [8.2].

24. [ch 8.3] Swapped the unused flag fields with 
    "Number of Records" field in order to align with the message 
    format of Port Config message [8.2]. This applies both to the 
    All config message and the Port Records part included.

25. [ch 8.4] Swapped the bit field with "number of 
    Service records" in order to align with the other messages in [ch 8]

26. [ch 9.2] Added the obvious case of Test state->Down state.

27. [ch 11.1] Clarified Version number negotiation 

28. [ch 11.2] Remove the separation of receiver/sender partition id 

29. [ch 11.3] Reworked the complete chapter. The update/new paragraphs 
    describes the rules of partition handling.

30. [ch 12] codes 15 and 33 clarified (separated).

31. [references] Changed reference #6 port numbers->www.iana.org

32. [references] Changed reference #15 mpls label stack draft->rfc 3032

33. [references] Changed reference #18 iana if mib->www.iana.org

34. [references] Changed reference #19 mpls ldp spec draft->rfc 3036

35. [references] Changed reference #22 mpls fr draft->rfc 3034

36. [Appendix B] Reworked complete IANA considerations

---

From: "Avri Doria" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2001 13:46:01 -0400

Hi,

It was pointed out to me that there was a typo in the list of changes.

change 6 should read:

6. [ch 3.1.2.1] Clarified Option 3.

and it is really  not option 3 but item 3.

regards,
a.

-- 

Avri Doria
+1 401 663 5024
===============
http://www.aidsride.org/new/northeast/index.htm
Rider : 1063