Subject: [GSMP] More in result field obsoleted

From: avri <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 12:30:59 +0900

Short description of issue: More in result filed obsoleted

Submitter name: avri doria

Submitter email address: [email-masked]

Date first submitted:     030916

Reference: none

Document: base
Comment type: T

Priority: S

Section: 3.1.1

Rationale/Explanation of issue:   

3.1.1 of the GSMP requirements indicate more should be deprecated.

Full description of problem:

The requirements indicate that the more filed should be obsoleted.
does this mean that I should remove it, or just indicate that is is 
deprecated and  thus obsolete.

Requested change:   

for backward compatibility I propose just indicating that it obsolete.  
I.e. indicate in the write up that it SHOULD NOT be used.  That of 
course leaves open of the issue of what happens if someone does set the 
more flag.  The 'liberal in what is accepted' would indicate that it 
should be accepted.

_______________________________________________
GSMP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gsmp

---

From: Georg Kullgren <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 11:53:38 +0200

> more flag.  The 'liberal in what is accepted' would indicate that it

I agree that it should be documented as obsolete.
It's good practice to allow the flag for a while after it's been
obsoleted but I don't think we can require it to be implemented.
It's up to the implementation...

/Georg
-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Georg Kullgren            Nortel Networks AB    [email-masked]
Systems Architect         S:t Eriksgatan 115 A  Tel:   +46-8-50 88 36 18
Routing Architecture Lab  SE-113 85 Stockholm   Mobile: +46-703-14 36 18
ATI Strategic Protocols   Sweden                Fax:   +46-8-50 88 35 01