Subject: [GSMP] progress on recovery support

From: "passjay" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 10:44:57 +0900

Hi, 
 
I would like to know the progress on recovery support in GSMPv3.
According to the last meeting and mailing list, only protection support
in GSMPv3 was consented.
In order to support the function, we need to modify connection
management, port configuration message, event message, failure response
message, and so on. 
Does anybody or design team have some ideas and progress on them?
Actually, in the document GSMPv3 for optical support describes above
mentioned functions but needs to be modified.
 
Best regards.
JungYul Choi.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------
JungYul Choi ( <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked], Ph.D
student)
Optical Internet Lab ( <http://oil.icu.ac.kr/> http://oil.icu.ac.kr)
Information and Communications University (ICU)
58-4 Hwaam-dong, Yusong-gu, Daejon, 305-732, KOREA
Tel)+82-42-866-6208, 011-9099-7773 Fax)+82-42-866-6230 
------------------------------------------------------------------------
-

---

From: Avri Doria <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 11:01:32 +0900

> I would like to know the progress on recovery support in GSMPv3.

I have not made any yet beyond the support for 1+1 in the -02 version 
of the base spec.  We still need a reasonable solution for other 
protection methods.

>
> According to the last meeting and mailing list, only protection 
> support in GSMPv3 was consented.

We were supposed to continue the conversation on the list and arrive at 
a consensus decision on what should be done.  There has not been any 
discussion.

The only decision so far has been for support protection with 
restoration being defined as a controller only activity.  though even 
this decision has not been discussed on the list  yet

> management, port configuration message, event message, failure 
> response message, and so on.

Yes, indeed, we need some change, but we as a group have not arrived at 
an agreement of what level of support we need.

> Does anybody or design team have some ideas and progress on them?

I would like to see the various thoughts and suggestions people have 
had in private brought to the list for discussions.

> mentioned functions but needs to be modified.

Perhaps you can float some ideas and suggestions on the list.  i think 
that would help us a lot in making progress.

Thanks for the email.

a.