Subject: [GSMP] GSMPv3 and DSL

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 12:44:17 -0500

Hi,

I received a draft from participants at the DSL forum related to the 
use of GSMP for DSL purposes.  As I understand it, this is not an 
official DSL position or draft, but is still in investigation.  While 
speaking with Dave Allan last week at the IETF, he suggested posting a 
copy of it to this list for discussion.

A few of us are thinking about reviving the GSMP work, but not the 
group, in order to work on the connection between GSMPv3 and the DSLF 
and to add support for DSL ports and GigE uplinks.  Anyone interested 
in participating is welcome to do so, and good place to start is to 
review and comment on the enclosed.

cheers
a.

_______________________________________________
GSMP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gsmp

---

From: "Jerome Moisand" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 12:18:39 -0500

Avri, thanks for posting this document.

I believe that the core group of folks who worked on this topic in the
DSLF are now registered on the gsmp mailing list.

I would guess that the folks on this mailing list not familiar with the
overall L2-control topic will have quite a few questions after reading
the DSLF document. We'll be happy to answer any question.

In the mean time, we started to work on the outline of a possible
internet-draft (actually several I-Ds) identifying a GSMP mapping of the
DSLF use cases with GSMP messages, and protocol enhancements which
appear necessary to make the use cases fully work. We'll share these
I-Ds on this list when they will be a bit more mature.

Tx
Jerome (PD-021 co-editor)

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2004 12:44 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [GSMP] GSMPv3 and DSL

Hi,

cheers
a.