Subject: Re: [HASMAT] moving forward -

From: =JeffH <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2010 15:35:47 -0700

Brandon Sterne <[email-masked]> observed..
 >
 > Not being present at the BoF, I missed the discussion about removing the
 > creation of a long-term security framework.

However, from one of the proposed versions of the charter..

 > In addition, this working group will consider the overall topic of HTTP
 > application security and compose a "problem statement and requirements"
 > document that can be used to guide further work.

Basically, we didn't so much "remove" the "creation of a long-term security 
framework" work item, but reduced scope at this time to deriving "problem 
statement(s) and requirements".  Then, based upon that work, we can either 
re-charter this WG or form a new one (not a ton of difference in those 
approaches) to actually address/fulfill said "problem statement(s) and 
requirements".

Breaking the scope/work up in this way helps keep things manageable and 
timeframes more realistic.

=JeffH