Subject: [HASMAT] IETF 79 preparations

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 12:48:43 -0600

Folks, this is just a quick note to let you all know that preparations
are proceeding for a websec meeting at IETF 79 in Beijing.

1. Tobias has requested a session from the Secretariat and I have added
a placeholder on the BoF wiki page (because the WG has not yet been
approved):

http://trac.tools.ietf.org/bof/trac/wiki/WikiStart

Tobias, it would help if you could fill in more of the information
there, such as the conflicts to avoid and the agenda + drafts. That
means we'll need to work on an agenda, but I assume Tobias and others
can work up a draft of that for discussion on the list here.

2. Would it be reasonable for one or two people to perhaps outline a
strawman I-D about the requirements / problem statement (it'll be fine
for it to be fairly incomplete with lots of "TDB" sections) before the
I-D cutoff date on October 18?

http://www.ietf.org/meeting/cutoff-dates-2010.html#IETF79

Volunteers? Perhaps something loosely based on Jeff and Andy's whitepaper?

3. The WG charter is currently in IESG/IAB internal review and will be
discussed during the IESG telechat on September 23, after which we'll
incorporate IESG/IAB feedback. Then it will go out for community-wide
review, perhaps leading to further tweaks as needed.

4. If and when the WG is approved (which I expect will happen, but I've
included the "if" so that we don't make any unwarranted assumptions),
we'll complete some administrivial tasks such as mailing list changes
(from hasmat to websec). But no matter what I think we can start
planning for the meeting in Beijing.

Feel free to ping the list if you have any questions or comments. And
we're still looking for a co-chair to work with Tobias, so contact me if
you're interested.

I think that's it for now!

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/