Subject: [fmc] access selection

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 14:02:43 -0500

Hi Pierrick,

Please see inline.

Regards,

Behcet

>>
>> I'm surprised to see that I was supposed to own the access selection
>> use-case since, I repeat myself, I do not see the need for specific
>> work here. Let me clarify. Access selection is clearly a key feature
>> for multiple accesses systems but this topic is already covered in
>> different SDOs (3GPP/ANDSF, OMA-DM/OpenCM API), including IETF within
>> MIF.

I think that the discussions we had on mif list made it clear that mif
API is not being designed as a solution to the access network
selection. Mif API will tell the application how many networks it can
connect to on each interface.

So access selection is not being covered by IETF.
What do you think on revising the access selection use case?