Subject: [fmc] I-D Action: draft-yourtchenko-fmc-nat-reveal-ping-00.txt

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 11:37:27 -0500

Folks, here is a new draft submitted. This draft will be discussed in the
upcoming Bar-BoF if approved:

From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action: draft-yourtchenko-fmc-nat-reveal-ping-00.txt
X-C5I-RSN: 1/0/935/51057/54456

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

Title : Revealing hosts sharing an IP address using ICMP Echo Request
Author(s) : Andrew Yourtchenko
Filename : draft-yourtchenko-fmc-nat-reveal-ping-00.txt
Pages : 6
Date : 2013-07-03

Abstract:
When an IP address is shared among several subscribers -- with a NAT
or with an application-level proxy -- it is impossible for the server
to differentiate between different clients. Such differentiation is
valuable in several scenarios. This memo proposes a technique to
differentiate TCP and UDP clients sharing an IP address. The
proposed method uses an ICMP Echo Request packet, which allows for
more information about the user mapping to be transmitted than in the
case of using the TCP option - and allows the use with UDP and other
protocols.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-yourtchenko-fmc-nat-reveal-ping

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-yourtchenko-fmc-nat-reveal-ping-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt