Subject: [Hipsec] Puzzle hash function?

From: Pekka Nikander <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 11:58:50 +0300

While reading the pre-version of the forthcoming -03 of the base spec,
I realised that we now use a fixed hash algorithm for the puzzle,
while we have the possibility of updating the HIT-generation hash
function.

Without thinking too much, I would propose that we define that
the puzzle hash function is the same as used for generating the
Responder's HIT.

This change won't make it to -03, but anyway.

Opinions?

--Pekka

_______________________________________________
Hipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hipsec

---

From: Julien Laganier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 16:44:10 +0000

On Thursday 23 June 2005 08:58, Pekka Nikander wrote:
> While reading the pre-version of the forthcoming -03 of the base
> spec, I realised that we now use a fixed hash algorithm for the
> puzzle, while we have the possibility of updating the
> HIT-generation hash function.
>

FWIW I agree with the change you proposed.

--julien