Subject: [Hipsec] DNS draft, new pre-version

From: Julien Laganier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 10:54:27 +0100

Folks,

Based on some comments made off-line by Pekka, I made these three 
small changes to the DNS draft:

1) Added the following paragraph of clarification to Section 4.1. 
Storing HI, HIT and RVS in DNS:

   The rendezvous server field of the HIP resource record stored
   at a given domain name MAY include the domain name itself.  
   A semantically equivalent situation occurs if no rendezvous 
   server is stored in the HIP resource record of that domain.
   Such situations occurs in two cases:

   o  The host is mobile, and the A and/or AAAA resource record(s)
      stored at its domain name contains the IP address(es) of its
      rendezvous server rather than its own one.

   o  The host is stationary, and can be reached directly at IP
      address(es) contained in A and/or AAAA resource record(s) 
      stored at its domain name.  This a degenerated case of
      rendezvous service where the host somewhat acts as a rendezvous
      server for itself.

2) Removed Section 3.3 "Mixed Scenarios" example of DNS query 
behavior, because it was misleading in the context of the first 
change made.

3) Changed the remaining examples in Section 3 "Usage Scenarios" so 
that an Initiator always query first for HIP RR, and if no RVS is 
present in that RR, query for A/AAA RRs.

You can review the change by yourself at these URLs:

<http://julien.laganier.free.fr/draft-ietf-hip-dns-05-pre060208.txt>
<http://julien.laganier.free.fr/draft-ietf-hip-dns-04-to-05-pre060208.html>

IMHO this draft is now ready for publication, so if I nobody objects I 
will submit the new version to the secretariat.

Thanks.

--julien

_______________________________________________
Hipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hipsec