Subject: [Hipsec] BEET vs. tunnel/HCoIPsec

From: Tero Kivinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 17:19:05 +0200

Henderson, Thomas R writes:
> The possible advantages of BEET over HCoIPsec might be:
> - BEET seems to have (mostly) worked out how to handle different IP
> address families in inner and outer headers, whereas I don't see that
> capability in IPsec tunnel mode.

IPsec tunnel mode can have different IP address families in inner and
outer headers. As we simply add new IP-header in the tunnel mode it
can be in any address family. With IKEv2 you can even create tunnel
mode SA using for example IPv4 as outer IP family, and IP packets
inside the tunnel could be either IPv4 and IPv6.
-- 
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Hipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hipsec

---

From: Tero Kivinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 17:19:05 +0200

---

From: Tero Kivinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 17:19:05 +0200