Subject: [Hipsec] HIPL interoperability tests

From: Alberto Garcia <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 17:14:13 +0300

Hello everybody,

Recently in HIPL we have implemented a couple of changes that may affect the
interoperability between implementations. The first important change is the
update to the new HIT prefix allocated by IANA (2001:10::/28).  The second is
the support for multiple Diffie-Hellman keys. Therefore, it is possible to
select whether sending 1 or 2 DH Public Values in the R1 packets. As well, upon
reception of 2 DH keys, the Initiator can choose the stronger or weaker key and
send it back in the I2 packet.

Due to those changes, we tested again the interoperability with the other
implementations, focusing in the base exchange. We had these results:

- HIP for BSD (Ericsson, NomadicLab): Currently not reachable using HIP due to
some problems in the test network. However, some weeks ago the base exchange
was working fine with these changes.
- OpenHIP (Boeing): The test is successful: the base exchange is performed and
the ESTABLISHED state is reached.

Of course, HIPL was tested against itself successfully. The testing sever for
HIPL is ashenvale.infrahip.net (Currently, it sends 2 DH keys in the R1s):
HIT:  2001:15:cf89:912:d2da:10af:411f:1252
IPv6: 2001:db8:0:f101::6
IPv4: 193.167.187.133

Please, let us know the results of your interoperability tests against HIPL.

Best Regards,

Alberto García

_______________________________________________
Hipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hipsec