Subject: [Hipsec-rg] New HIP software packages
From: thomas.r.henderson at boeing.com (Henderson, Thomas R)
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 22:34:52 -0700

I'd like to announce a few links to two new software packages that are
going to be demoed at the RG meeting today.  The first is a HIP Virtual
World, a customizable virtual machine for HIP testing, developed by Jeff
Ahrenholz.  The second is a cross-platform HIP GUI for system tray or
application dock control of the HIP daemon, written by Jeff Meegan and
Jeff Ahrenholz.  These will both be developed/maintained on OpenHIP,
going forward.

Links are available in the News section of the OpenHIP site:
http://www.openhip.org/

-Tom

From: miika at iki.fi (Miika Komu)
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 14:43:49 +0200 (EET)
Subject: [Hipsec-rg] OpenHIP 0.4 release
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]> <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

On Wed, 21 Mar 2007, Andrei Gurtov wrote:

We probably need to do interops again because we have done multiple 
research extensions to our implementation.

> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
>
>
> Thanks for a new release!
>
> I've installed it on Windows and tested connection to Boeing testserver
> and InfraHIP testserver. Both happened OK, with web page displaying at
> Boeing. However, it seems to be some problem with infrahip web page, it
> is not shown although SA is ok. Maybe it's the problem on HIPL
> implementation side, I'm not sure.
>
> <host_identity alg="RSA" alg_id="5" length="128" anon="no" incoming="yes">
>      <name>hipserver_hiit_hipl-1024</name>
> 	<HIT>2001:77:f9e6:49d4:eca8:e118:e455:ed7c</HIT>
> 	<addr>193.167.187.132</addr>
>      <LSI>1.234.127.246</LSI>
> </host_identity>
>
>
> Andrei
>
> Henderson, Thomas R wrote:
>> I'd like to announce a new release (0.4) of OpenHIP software.  The
>> release
>> can be found in the hip project section of:
>> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=132288
>>
>> This is largely a maintenance release of what we already had.  The two
>> main
>> changes are:
>> 1) reorganization of the code to begin to separate platform-specific
>> from platform-independent code
>> 2) improved OS X and Linux installation
>>
>> Regarding the reorganization, we now have a directory structure and
>> code organization that is more in line with what we want, but we still
>> need
>> to clean up the code along these lines.  Work is ongoing on this point;
>> we didn't want to break the build.  We've also added Doxygen support
>> and will start to work on Doxygen commenting.
>>
>> Regarding installation, we now have some better OS X and Linux
>> installers, including rpm and deb packages for Linux, and an
>> OS X installer (universal binary).  The Windows installer is largely
>> unchanged.
>>
>> Our software roadmap is at
>> http://www.openhip.org/wiki/index.php?title=Release_schedule.
>> The current feature set is at
>> http://www.openhip.org/wiki/index.php?title=Usage#What_has_been_tested.
>> We are working on getting more of the features integrated across
>> platforms.
>>
>> We plan to release two more (separate) HIP software packages this
>> month...
>> stay tuned.
>>
>> Thanks to Jeff Ahrenholz and Jeff Meegan for the bulk of the software
>> work.
>>
>> -Tom
>> _______________________________________________
>> Hipsec-rg mailing list
>> Hipsec-rg at listserv.cybertrust.com
>> https://listserv.cybertrust.com/mailman/listinfo/hipsec-rg
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
> Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (MingW32)
> Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
>
> iD8DBQFGAWHUP7jp0uceFkQRAsQeAJ4tV8yYzIs7q1byZWqnm27LoJdj2gCdEvpm
> gLQup01CvnODGMEIgJaKAIM=
> =Fozu
> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
> _______________________________________________
> Hipsec-rg mailing list
> Hipsec-rg at listserv.cybertrust.com
> https://listserv.cybertrust.com/mailman/listinfo/hipsec-rg
>

-- 
Miika Komu                                       http://www.iki.fi/miika/

From: gurtov at cs.helsinki.fi (Andrei Gurtov)
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 18:48:20 +0200
Subject: [Hipsec-rg] OpenHIP 0.4 release
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

Thanks for a new release!

I've installed it on Windows and tested connection to Boeing testserver
and InfraHIP testserver. Both happened OK, with web page displaying at
Boeing. However, it seems to be some problem with infrahip web page, it
is not shown although SA is ok. Maybe it's the problem on HIPL
implementation side, I'm not sure.

<host_identity alg="RSA" alg_id="5" length="128" anon="no" incoming="yes">
      <name>hipserver_hiit_hipl-1024</name>
	<HIT>2001:77:f9e6:49d4:eca8:e118:e455:ed7c</HIT>
	<addr>193.167.187.132</addr>
      <LSI>1.234.127.246</LSI>
</host_identity>

Andrei

Henderson, Thomas R wrote:
> I'd like to announce a new release (0.4) of OpenHIP software.  The
> release 
> can be found in the hip project section of:
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=132288
> 
> This is largely a maintenance release of what we already had.  The two
> main
> changes are:
> 1) reorganization of the code to begin to separate platform-specific
> from platform-independent code
> 2) improved OS X and Linux installation
> 
> Regarding the reorganization, we now have a directory structure and
> code organization that is more in line with what we want, but we still
> need 
> to clean up the code along these lines.  Work is ongoing on this point;
> we didn't want to break the build.  We've also added Doxygen support
> and will start to work on Doxygen commenting.
> 
> Regarding installation, we now have some better OS X and Linux 
> installers, including rpm and deb packages for Linux, and an
> OS X installer (universal binary).  The Windows installer is largely
> unchanged.
> 
> Our software roadmap is at
> http://www.openhip.org/wiki/index.php?title=Release_schedule. 
> The current feature set is at
> http://www.openhip.org/wiki/index.php?title=Usage#What_has_been_tested.
> We are working on getting more of the features integrated across
> platforms.
> 
> We plan to release two more (separate) HIP software packages this
> month...
> stay tuned.
> 
> Thanks to Jeff Ahrenholz and Jeff Meegan for the bulk of the software
> work.
> 
> -Tom
> _______________________________________________
> Hipsec-rg mailing list
> Hipsec-rg at listserv.cybertrust.com
> https://listserv.cybertrust.com/mailman/listinfo/hipsec-rg

From: fu at cs.uni-goettingen.de (Xiaoming Fu)
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 10:20:07 +0100
Subject: [Hipsec-rg] Final CFP for MobiArch at SIGCOMM'07: submission deadline extension to April 3
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

Dear colleagues,

Please find below a CFP for the MobiArch'07 workshop at SIGCOMM'07 and 
your consideration of submissions and further dissemination are highly 
appreciated. We apologize if you receive multiple copies of this CFP.

Yours sincerely,
MobiArch'07 organizers

Important dates:
Registration of authors and abstract: (extended to) March 27, 2007
Submission deadline: (extended to) April 3, 2007 (FIRM!)
Notification of acceptance: May 22, 2007
Camera ready version due: June 17, 2007
Workshop date: Monday, August 27, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------
               The Second International Workshop on
     Mobility in the Evolving Internet Architecture (MobiArch 2007)
                    Kyoto, Japan, August 27, 2007
                      Sponsored by ACM SIGCOMM
                  In-Cooperation with ACM SIGMOBILE
         (to be held with ACM SIGCOMM 2007, August 27-31, 2007)
        http://user.informatik.uni-goettingen.de/~mobiarch/2007
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Call for Papers:
===============
With the recent development of technologies in wireless access and
mobile devices, user, terminal, and network mobility has become an
indispensable component of today's Internet vision, and it is likely to
continue in the near future, while affecting the whole architectural
design of the future Internet. Yet, issues like efficient mobility
management and optimization, locator-identifier split, multihoming,
security, and related operational/deployment concerns are still in their
early stages of development. Moreover, the Internet architecture, its
end-to-end principles, and business models will require rethinking due
to the massive penetration of mobility into the Internet.

MobiArch'07 welcomes submissions, from both researchers and
practitioners, in exploration of recent advances in architectures,
protocols, and experiences with emerging technologies on wireless and
mobility over the Internet, with an emphasis on wireless infrastructures
and mobility patterns for mobility support, new mobility protocols,
service discovery, routing and location management, mobile network
performance evaluation and modeling, multi-homing, security,
architectural impacts and deployment considerations.

Topics of Interest:
==================
Topics of MobiArch?07 cover all aspects of architectural issues and
system support for wireless and mobility in the Internet, including but
not limited to:

- Impacts of new wireless technologies/services and mobility patterns on
the Internet architecture
- Architectures and protocols for mobility support in the Internet,
ranging from approaches in link, network, transport to
session/application layers and cross-layer design
- Location management, positioning and data management systems for
wireless and mobility
- Routing and addressing, including locator/identifier split issues and
their impacts to the Internet architecture
- IP multihoming including flow distribution and load sharing for
wireless and mobility
- Performance evaluation, experimentation and modeling of mobility in
the Internet
- Accounting, access control, security and privacy issues and impacts to
Internet architecture
- Economic, scalability and deployment issues of mobility infrastructure
design
- Mechanisms and issues with connecting developing regions into the Internet

Following the success of MobiArch'06, the MobiArch'07 workshop will be a
single-track one-day workshop. Early stages, position papers, systems
and measurement papers will be particularly welcome. The proceedings
will be published by the ACM and ACM digital library.

Submissions:
===========
Submissions must be made to MobiArch'07 EDAS entry:
http://edas.info/5238, following the guidelines in MobiArch'07 webpage:
http://user.informatik.uni-goettingen.de/~mobiarch/2007

PROGRAM CO-CHAIRS
=================
Xiaoming Fu, University of Goettingen (Germany)
Katherine Guo, Bell Labs (USA)
Sue Moon, KAIST (Korea)
Ryuji Wakikawa, Keio University (Japan)

PROGRAM COMMITTEE
=================
Rui Aguiar, Universidade de Aveiro (Portugal)
Jari Arkko, Ericsson (Finland)
Song Chong, KAIST (Korea)
Lars Eggert, NEC Europe Labs (Germany)
Joseph Evans, U. Kansas (USA)
Serge Fdida, University Pierre & Marie Curie (Paris 6) (France)
Ivano Guardini, Telecom Italia Lab (IT)
Seung-Jae Han, Yonsei U (Korea)
Rajeev Koodli, Nokia Research Center (USA)
Stefan Mangold, Swisscom (Switzerland)
Thomas Noel, Universite Strasbourg (France)
Joerg Ott, Helsinki U of Techology (Finland)
Charles Perkins, Nokia Research Center (USA)
Injong Rhee, NC State University (USA)
Henning Schulzrinne, Columbia U. (USA)
Peter Steenkiste, CMU (USA)
Hideaki Sunahara, NARA Inst. of Sci. & Tech. (Japan)
Fumio Teraoka, Keio U. (Japan)
Hannes Tschofenig, Siemens (Germany)
Andras Veres, Ericsson (Hungary)
Kenichi Yamazaki, NTT Docomo (Japan)
Lixia Zhang, UCLA (USA)
Yongguang Zhang, Microsoft Research Asia (China)

PUBLICITY CHAIR
===============
Jon Crowcroft, University of Cambridge (UK)

QUESTIONS
=========
Please consult the Program Co-Chairs
(mobiarch at informatik.uni-goettingen.de) if you are uncertain whether
your paper falls within the scope of the workshop.

From: stiemerling at netlab.nec.de (Martin Stiemerling)
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 12:40:55 +0100
Subject: [Hipsec-rg] hiprg agenda for IETF68
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

Hi,

Just an addendum, this talk will be held by Simon Sch?tz.

Thanks,

   Martin

Am 19.03.2007 um 17:17 schrieb Andrei Gurtov:

> 20min NodeID architecture (Martin Stiemerling)
> Overview of HIP++ architecture from EU Ambient Networks project

stiemerling at netlab.nec.de
NEC Europe Limited |
Registered Office: NEC House, 1 Victoria Road, London W3 6BL |
Registered in England 2832014

From: gurtov at cs.helsinki.fi (Andrei Gurtov)
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 18:17:30 +0200
Subject: [Hipsec-rg] hiprg agenda for IETF68
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

Host Identity Protocol Research Group (hiprg)

o 68th IETF - Prague, Czech Republic

Friday March 23, 0900-1130, Karlin II room

========================================

5min Agenda, pink sheet, note takers.

10min Update on HIP experiments (Andrei Gurtov)
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-hip-experiment-03.txt

Report from Dagstuhl Seminar 06441: Naming and Addressing for
Next-Generation Internetworks
http://www.dagstuhl.de/06441/	

15 min  Update of HIP DHT interface (Samu Varjonen for Jeff Ahrenholz)
www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ahrenholz-hiprg-dht-01.txt

15min IPv4/v6 interfamilily handovers (Samu Varjonen)
Clarifications to mm-05 draft on handovers between IPv4 and IPv6

25min. Lightweight HIP (Tobias Heer)
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-heer-hip-lhip-00.txt

15min HIP on Nokia Internet Tablet (Andrey Khurri)
Port of HIP on Linux to Nokia N770 Linux PDA and its performance

20min NodeID architecture (Martin Stiemerling)
Overview of HIP++ architecture from EU Ambient Networks project

15min Next steps on HIP mobility and multihoming (Miika Komu)
Extensions to HIP mm-05 to use multihoming for fault tolerance

10min  Video on OpenHIP Virtual World (Jeff Ahrenholz)

10min  Video on OpenHIP Graphical User Interface (Jeff Meegan)

From: fu at cs.uni-goettingen.de (Xiaoming Fu)
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 22:32:21 +0100
Subject: [Hipsec-rg] CFP: MobiArch 2007 at ACM SIGCOMM 2007, Kyoto, Japan
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

(Please accept our apologies if you have received multiple copies.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
               The Second International Workshop on
     Mobility in the Evolving Internet Architecture (MobiArch 2007)
                    Kyoto, Japan, August 27, 2007
                      Sponsored by ACM SIGCOMM
                  In-Cooperation with ACM SIGMOBILE
         (to be held with ACM SIGCOMM 2007, August 27-31, 2007)
        http://user.informatik.uni-goettingen.de/~mobiarch/2007
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Important Dates:
===============
Abstract registration:    March 20, 2007
Submission Deadline:      March 27, 2007
Acceptance Notification:  May 15, 2007
Camera-ready version due: June 12, 2007
MobiArch'07 Workshop:     August 27, 2007
SIGCOMM'07:               August 27-31, 2007

Call for Papers:
===============
With the recent development of technologies in wireless access and
mobile devices, user, terminal, and network mobility has become an
indispensable component of today's Internet vision, and it is likely to
continue in the near future, while affecting the whole architectural
design of the future Internet. Yet, issues like efficient mobility
management and optimization, locator-identifier split, multihoming,
security, and related operational/deployment concerns are still in their
early stages of development. Moreover, the Internet architecture, its
end-to-end principles, and business models will require rethinking due
to the massive penetration of mobility into the Internet.

MobiArch'07 welcomes submissions, from both researchers and
practitioners, in exploration of recent advances in architectures,
protocols, and experiences with emerging technologies on wireless and
mobility over the Internet, with an emphasis on wireless infrastructures
and mobility patterns for mobility support, new mobility protocols,
service discovery, routing and location management, mobile network
performance evaluation and modeling, multi-homing, security,
architectural impacts and deployment considerations.

Topics of Interest:
==================
Topics of MobiArch?07 cover all aspects of architectural issues and
system support for wireless and mobility in the Internet, including but
not limited to:

- Impacts of new wireless technologies/services and mobility patterns on
the Internet architecture
- Architectures and protocols for mobility support in the Internet,
ranging from approaches in link, network, transport to
session/application layers and cross-layer design
- Location management, positioning and data management systems for
wireless and mobility
- Routing and addressing, including locator/identifier split issues and
their impacts to the Internet architecture
- IP multihoming including flow distribution and load sharing for
wireless and mobility
- Performance evaluation, experimentation and modeling of mobility in
the Internet
- Accounting, access control, security and privacy issues and impacts to
Internet architecture
- Economic, scalability and deployment issues of mobility infrastructure
design
- Mechanisms and issues with connecting developing regions into the Internet

Following the success of MobiArch'06, the MobiArch'07 workshop will be a
single-track one-day workshop. Early stages, position papers, systems
and measurement papers will be particularly welcome. The proceedings
will be published by the ACM and ACM digital library.

Submissions:
===========
Submissions must be made to MobiArch'07 EDAS entry:
http://edas.info/5238, following the guidelines in MobiArch'07 webpage:
http://user.informatik.uni-goettingen.de/~mobiarch/2007

PROGRAM CO-CHAIRS
=================
Xiaoming Fu, University of Goettingen (Germany)
Katherine Guo, Bell Labs (USA)
Sue Moon, KAIST (Korea)
Ryuji Wakikawa, Keio University (Japan)

PROGRAM COMMITTEE
=================
Rui Aguiar, Universidade de Aveiro (Portugal)
Jari Arkko, Ericsson (Finland)
Song Chong, KAIST (Korea)
Lars Eggert, NEC Europe Labs (Germany)
Joseph Evans, U. Kansas (USA)
Serge Fdida, University Pierre & Marie Curie (Paris 6) (France)
Ivano Guardini, Telecom Italia Lab (IT)
Seung-Jae Han, Yonsei U (Korea)
Rajeev Koodli, Nokia Research Center (USA)
Stefan Mangold, Swisscom (Switzerland)
Thomas Noel, Universite Strasbourg (France)
Joerg Ott, Helsinki U of Techology (Finland)
Charles Perkins, Nokia Research Center (USA)
Injong Rhee, NC State University (USA)
Henning Schulzrinne, Columbia U. (USA)
Peter Steenkiste, CMU (USA)
Hideaki Sunahara, NARA Inst. of Sci. & Tech. (Japan)
Fumio Teraoka, Keio U. (Japan)
Hannes Tschofenig, Siemens (Germany)
Andras Veres, Ericsson (Hungary)
Kenichi Yamazaki, NTT Docomo (Japan)
Lixia Zhang, UCLA (USA)
Yongguang Zhang, Microsoft Research Asia (China)

PUBLICITY CHAIR
===============
Jon Crowcroft, University of Cambridge (UK)

QUESTIONS
=========
Please consult the Program Co-Chairs
(mobiarch at informatik.uni-goettingen.de) if you are uncertain whether
your paper falls within the scope of the workshop.

From: thomas.r.henderson at boeing.com (Henderson, Thomas R)
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 06:13:19 -0800
Subject: [Hipsec-rg] OpenHIP 0.4 release
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

I'd like to announce a new release (0.4) of OpenHIP software.  The
release 
can be found in the hip project section of:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=132288

This is largely a maintenance release of what we already had.  The two
main
changes are:
1) reorganization of the code to begin to separate platform-specific
from platform-independent code
2) improved OS X and Linux installation

Regarding the reorganization, we now have a directory structure and
code organization that is more in line with what we want, but we still
need 
to clean up the code along these lines.  Work is ongoing on this point;
we didn't want to break the build.  We've also added Doxygen support
and will start to work on Doxygen commenting.

Regarding installation, we now have some better OS X and Linux 
installers, including rpm and deb packages for Linux, and an
OS X installer (universal binary).  The Windows installer is largely
unchanged.

Our software roadmap is at
http://www.openhip.org/wiki/index.php?title=Release_schedule. 
The current feature set is at
http://www.openhip.org/wiki/index.php?title=Usage#What_has_been_tested.
We are working on getting more of the features integrated across
platforms.

We plan to release two more (separate) HIP software packages this
month...
stay tuned.

Thanks to Jeff Ahrenholz and Jeff Meegan for the bulk of the software
work.

-Tom

From: heer at i4.informatik.rwth-aachen.de (Tobias Heer)
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 12:34:11 +0100
Subject: [Hipsec-rg] New HIP draft: Lightweight HIP
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

Hello,

there is a new HIP related draft which might be interesting for many  
people as it focusses on reducing the computational complexity of HIP  
(HIP without public-key)  while still allowing safe mobility and  
multihoming updates from new IP addresses. The draft aims at making  
HIP available to CPU-restricted devices, thus, broadening the scope  
of HIP to become a multi purpose protocol which allows hosts to use  
strong cryptography but does not necessarily require them to do so.

The abstract of the draft is attached at the end of this mail. The  
draft is available here:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-heer-hip-lhip-00.txt

I'd be glad to receive feedback and to participate in any discussions  
about Lightweight HIP.

Best regards,

Tobias

Abstract:
    This document specifies the Lightweight authentication extension for
    the Host Identifier Protocol (LHIP).  The goal of LHIP is to reduce
    the computational requirements of the Host Identifier Protocol  
(HIP),
    thus, making its benefits, such as end-host mobility and  
multihoming,
    accessible to CPU-restricted devices.  LHIP reduces the  
computational
    cost of establishing, updating, and closing a HIP association by
    providing an alternative way of signing and verifying HIP control
    packets which is based on computationally inexpensive hash function
    computations and hash chains.  However, LHIP does not provide nor
    does it aim at providing the same level of security as HIP does.
    Especially, host authentication and payload encryption are not
    possible.  The LHIP extensions in this draft specify also mechanisms
    for dynamic transitioning between lightweight and full HIP
    associations on the fly.

-- Dipl.-Inform. Tobias Heer, Ph.D. Student
Distributed Systems Group
RWTH Aachen University, Germany
http://ds.cs.rwth-aachen.de/members/heer