Subject: [Hipsec-rg] meeting at IETF71
From: gurtov at cs.helsinki.fi (Andrei Gurtov)
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 13:49:31 +0200

Minutes and slides were uploaded to
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/71/materials.html

Andrei

Andrei Gurtov wrote:
| The agenda is available at
|
| http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/08mar/agenda/HIPRG.txt
|
| Andrei Gurtov wrote:
| | HIPRG has been scheduled on Thu:
| |
| | THURSDAY, March 13, 2008
| | 1300-1500 Afternoon Session I
| | Breakout Room	IRTF	hiprg	Host Identity Protocol
| |
| | If you would like to present something related to research on HIP,
| | please indicate the title and duration of the slot needed.
_______________________________________________
Hipsec-rg mailing list
Hipsec-rg at listserv.cybertrust.com
https://listserv.cybertrust.com/mailman/listinfo/hipsec-rg

From: shengjiang at huawei.com (Sheng Jiang)
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 11:51:09 +0800
Subject: [Hipsec-rg] some recent HIP drafts
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

Abstract for the new draft Hierarchical Host Identity Tag Architecture
(draft-jiang-hiprg-hhit-arch-00.txt )

This document analyzes the problems and limitation of the current 
   flat-structured Host Identity Tag (HIT, [RFC4423]) architecture. The 
   document specifies a hierarchical HIT architecture which is 
   compatible with the flat-structured HIT architecture. This 
   architecture and the process of HITs generation ensure the global 
   uniqueness of HITs. It also enables the multiple HIP management 
   domains, solves the deployment problem of current flat-structured HIT 
   architecture. It also enhances the scalability and resolution 
   efficiency of the mapping system.

Your comments is appreciated.

Best regards,

Sheng JIANG, Ph.D.

IP Research Department, Networking Research Department, Network Product Line, Huawei
Technologies Co. Ltd.

*-----Original Message-----
*From: hipsec-rg-bounces at listserv.cybertrust.com 
*[mailto:hipsec-rg-bounces at listserv.cybertrust.com] On Behalf 
*Of Henderson, Thomas R
*Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2008 7:02 AM
*To: hipsec-rg at listserv.cybertrust.com
*Subject: [Hipsec-rg] some recent HIP drafts
*
*Note, people may be interested in the below list of 
*HIP-related drafts since our last meeting:
*
*New:
*- 
*http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jiang-hiprg-hhit-arch-00.txt
*- http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-varjonen-hip-cert-00.txt
*- http://www3.tools.ietf.org/wg/hip/draft-camarillo-hip-bone-01.txt  
*
*Revised HIP WG drafts (other than those in the approval cycle):
*- http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hip-native-api-04.txt
*-
*http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-shim6-multihome-
*shim-api-
*04.txt
*-
*http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hip-nat-traversal-03.txt
*
*Revised; related to HIP, but non-WG items:
*- http://tools.ietf.org/wg/shim6/draft-nordmark-shim6-esd-01.txt
*-
*http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-matthews-p2psip-id-loc-01.txt
*-
*http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tschofenig-hiprg-host
*-identiti
*es-06.txt
*- http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ahrenholz-hiprg-dht-02.txt 
*
*_______________________________________________
*Hipsec-rg mailing list
*Hipsec-rg at listserv.cybertrust.com
*https://listserv.cybertrust.com/mailman/listinfo/hipsec-rg
*

From: miika at iki.fi (Miika Komu)
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 01:07:03 +0200 (EET)
Subject: [Hipsec-rg] some recent HIP drafts
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]> <[email-masked]> <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

On Tue, 11 Mar 2008, Henderson, Thomas R wrote:

Hi,

one additional draft:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-melen-spinat-00.txt

> Note, people may be interested in the below list of HIP-related drafts
> since our last meeting:
>
> New:
> - http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jiang-hiprg-hhit-arch-00.txt
> - http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-varjonen-hip-cert-00.txt
> - http://www3.tools.ietf.org/wg/hip/draft-camarillo-hip-bone-01.txt
>
> Revised HIP WG drafts (other than those in the approval cycle):
> - http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hip-native-api-04.txt
> -
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-shim6-multihome-shim-api-
> 04.txt
> -
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hip-nat-traversal-03.txt
>
> Revised; related to HIP, but non-WG items:
> - http://tools.ietf.org/wg/shim6/draft-nordmark-shim6-esd-01.txt
> -
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-matthews-p2psip-id-loc-01.txt
> -
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tschofenig-hiprg-host-identiti
> es-06.txt
> - http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ahrenholz-hiprg-dht-02.txt
>
> _______________________________________________
> Hipsec-rg mailing list
> Hipsec-rg at listserv.cybertrust.com
> https://listserv.cybertrust.com/mailman/listinfo/hipsec-rg
>

-- 
Miika Komu                                       http://www.iki.fi/miika/

From: thomas.r.henderson at boeing.com (Henderson, Thomas R)
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 16:02:21 -0700
Subject: [Hipsec-rg] some recent HIP drafts
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]> <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

Note, people may be interested in the below list of HIP-related drafts
since our last meeting:

New:
- http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jiang-hiprg-hhit-arch-00.txt
- http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-varjonen-hip-cert-00.txt
- http://www3.tools.ietf.org/wg/hip/draft-camarillo-hip-bone-01.txt  

Revised HIP WG drafts (other than those in the approval cycle):
- http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hip-native-api-04.txt
-
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-shim6-multihome-shim-api-
04.txt
-
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hip-nat-traversal-03.txt

Revised; related to HIP, but non-WG items:
- http://tools.ietf.org/wg/shim6/draft-nordmark-shim6-esd-01.txt
-
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-matthews-p2psip-id-loc-01.txt
-
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tschofenig-hiprg-host-identiti
es-06.txt
- http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ahrenholz-hiprg-dht-02.txt 

From: gurtov at cs.helsinki.fi (Andrei Gurtov)
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 22:23:25 +0200
Subject: [Hipsec-rg] meeting at IETF71
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

The agenda is available at

http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/08mar/agenda/HIPRG.txt

Andrei Gurtov wrote:
| HIPRG has been scheduled on Thu:
|
| THURSDAY, March 13, 2008
| 1300-1500 Afternoon Session I
| Breakout Room	IRTF	hiprg	Host Identity Protocol
|
| If you would like to present something related to research on HIP,
| please indicate the title and duration of the slot needed.

From: gurtov at cs.helsinki.fi (Andrei Gurtov)
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 16:37:25 +0200
Subject: [Hipsec-rg] book on HIP available
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

Apologies for a bit of marketing on the list, hopefully the
topic is of interest to HIP community.

There is a fresh book on HIP available for pre-ordering from
Amazon and Wiley sites.

http://eu.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-0470997907.html

http://www.amazon.ca/Host-Identity-Protocol-Andrei-Gurtov/dp/0470997907

Andrei

Host Identity Protocol (HIP): Towards the Secure Mobile Internet
Andrei Gurtov
ISBN: 978-0-470-99790-1
Hardcover
328 pages
June 2008

?Within the set of many identifier-locator separation designs for the
Internet, HIP has progressed further than anything else we have so far.
It is time to see what HIP can do in larger scale in the real world. In
order to make that happen, the world needs a HIP book, and now we have
it.? - Jari Arkko, Internet Area Director, IETF

One of the challenges facing the current Internet architecture is the
incorporation of mobile and multi-homed terminals (hosts), and an
overall lack of protection against Denial-of-Service attacks and
identity spoofing. The Host Identity Protocol (HIP) is being developed
by the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) as an integrated solution
to these problems. The book presents a well-structured, readable and
compact overview of the core protocol with relevant extensions to the
Internet architecture and infrastructure. The covered topics include the
Bound End-to-End Tunnel Mode for IPsec, Overlay Routable Cryptographic
Hash Identifiers, extensions to the Domain Name System, IPv4 and IPv6
interoperability, integration with SIP, and support for legacy applications.

Unique features of the book:

~    * All-in-one source for HIP specifications
~    * Complete coverage of HIP architecture and protocols
~    * Base exchange, mobility and multihoming extensions
~    * Practical snapshots of protocol operation
~    * IP security on lightweight devices
~    * Traversal of middleboxes, such as NATs and firewalls
~    * Name resolution infrastructure
~    * Micromobility, multicast, privacy extensions
~    * Chapter on applications, including HIP pilot deployment in a
Boeing factory
~    * HOWTO for HIP on Linux (HIPL) implementation

An important compliment to the official IETF specifications, this book
will be a valuable reference for practicing engineers in equipment
manufacturing companies and telecom operators, as well as network
managers, network engineers, network operators and telecom engineers.
Advanced students and academics, IT managers, professionals and
operating system specialists will also find this book of interest.