Subject: [Hipsec] I-D Action:draft-ietf-hip-rfc5202-bis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 00:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Host Identity Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Using the Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP) Transport Format with the Host Identity Protocol (HIP)
	Author(s)       : P. Jokela, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-hip-rfc5202-bis-00.txt
	Pages           : 37
	Date            : 2010-09-23

This memo specifies an Encapsulated Security Payload (ESP) based
mechanism for transmission of user data packets, to be used with the
Host Identity Protocol (HIP).

IESG Note

The following issues describe IESG concerns about this document.  The
IESG expects that these issues will be addressed when future versions
of HIP are designed.

In case of complex Security Policy Databases (SPDs) and the co-
existence of HIP and security-related protocols such as IKE,
implementors may encounter conditions that are unspecified in these
documents.  For example, when the SPD defines an IP address subnet to
be protected and a HIP host is residing in that IP address area,
there is a possibility that the communication is encrypted multiple
times.  Readers are advised to pay special attention when running HIP
with complex SPD settings.  Future specifications should clearly
define when multiple encryption is intended, and when it should be
avoided.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hip-rfc5202-bis-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.