Subject: [Hipsec] I-D Action:draft-ietf-hip-rfc5201-bis-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 11:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Host Identity Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Host Identity Protocol
	Author(s)       : R. Moskowitz, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-hip-rfc5201-bis-01.txt
	Pages           : 103
	Date            : 2010-09-01

This document specifies the details of the Host Identity Protocol
(HIP).  HIP allows consenting hosts to securely establish and
maintain shared IP-layer state, allowing separation of the identifier
and locator roles of IP addresses, thereby enabling continuity of
communications across IP address changes.  HIP is based on a Sigma-
compliant Diffie-Hellman key exchange, using public key identifiers
from a new Host Identity namespace for mutual peer authentication.
The protocol is designed to be resistant to denial-of-service (DoS)
and man-in-the-middle (MitM) attacks.  When used together with
another suitable security protocol, such as the Encapsulated Security
Payload (ESP), it provides integrity protection and optional
encryption for upper-layer protocols, such as TCP and UDP.

This document obsoletes RFC 5201 and addresses the concerns raised by
the IESG, particularly that of crypto agility.  It also incorporates
lessons learned from the implementations of RFC 5201.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hip-rfc5201-bis-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2010 16:31:36 -0400

This version only adds the text for conformance to section 3.1 of 
http://www.ietf.org/id-info/checklist.html

The next cut will bring it at least up to where we were with the private 
draft.

On 09/01/2010 02:45 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Hipsec mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hipsec
>