Subject: [HOKEY] I-D Action:draft-ietf-hokey-preauth-ps-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 16:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Handover Keying Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : EAP Pre-authentication Problem Statement
	Author(s)       : Y. Ohba
	Filename        : draft-ietf-hokey-preauth-ps-03.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2008-06-05

EAP pre-authentication is defined as the use of EAP to pre-establish
EAP keying material on a target authenticator prior to arrival of the
peer at the access network managed by that authenticator.  This draft
discusses EAP pre-authentication problems in details.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hokey-preauth-ps-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
HOKEY mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hokey

---

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 19:09:41 -0400

This version includes resolutions for WGLC comments.

Here is list of changes from -02:

- Added terminology section.

- Shorten the content of Appendix A and move it to Introduction.

- Moved contributors section to the end.

- Replaced 'mobile' with 'peer'.  Only Introduction section uses
'mobile device' before mentioning EAP.

- Added more clarification and details on pre-authentication use cases
in Problem Statement section.  Especially, added more text on the use
case for inter-AAA domain handover without trust relationship between
domains.

- Addressed all editorial comments including rewording specific
sentences and adding missing references.

- Reworded authentication and authorization procedure to network
access authentication and authorization.

- Replaced "Internet" cloud with "IP network" cloud in Figure 1.

- Revised Problem Statement section to avoid use of the term "subnet".

- Removed 802.11 specific examples on overlapping coverage .

- Clarified that context binding can happen after the peer arrives at
the target authenticator.

- Added text that trust relationship between serving and target
networks (or domains) is needed for indirect pre-authentication.

- Relaxed global IP address requirement.

- Added clarification text that the peer is not fully authorized until
it arrives at the target authenticator and completes link-layer
specific secure association procedure.

Regards,
Yoshihiro Ohba