Subject: [HOKEY] RFC 5295 on Specification for the Derivation of Root Keys from an Extended Master Session Key (EMSK)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 16:27:50 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5295

        Title:      Specification for the Derivation of 
                    Root Keys from an Extended Master 
                    Session Key (EMSK) 
        Author:     J. Salowey, L. Dondeti,
                    V. Narayanan, M. Nakhjiri
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       August 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      21
        Characters: 45622
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-hokey-emsk-hierarchy-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5295.txt

The Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) defined the Extended
Master Session Key (EMSK) generation, but reserved it for unspecified
future uses.  This memo reserves the EMSK for the sole purpose of
deriving root keys.  Root keys are master keys that can be used for
multiple purposes, identified by usage definitions.  This document
also specifies a mechanism for avoiding conflicts between root keys
by deriving them in a manner that guarantees cryptographic
separation.  Finally, this document also defines one such root key
usage: Domain-Specific Root Keys are root keys made available to and
used within specific key management domains.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Handover Keying Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
HOKEY mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hokey