Subject: [HOKEY] Last Call: <draft-ietf-hokey-arch-design-08.txt> (Handover Keying (HOKEY) Architecture Design) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2011 08:56:14 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Handover Keying WG (hokey) to
consider the following document:
- 'Handover Keying (HOKEY) Architecture Design'
  <draft-ietf-hokey-arch-design-08.txt> as an Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-11-16. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Handover Keying (HOKEY) Working Group seeks to minimize handover
   delay due to authentication when a peer moves from one point of
   attachment to another.  Work has progressed on two different
   approaches to reduce handover delay: early authentication (so that
   authentication does not need to be performed during handover), and
   reuse of cryptographic material generated during an initial
   authentication to save time during re-authentication.  A basic
   assumption is that the mobile host or "peer" is initially
   authenticated using the Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP),
   executed between the peer and an EAP server as defined in RFC 3748.

   This document defines the HOKEY architecture.  Specifically, it
   describes design objectives, the functional environment within which
   handover keying operates, the functions to be performed by the HOKEY
   architecture itself, and the assignment of those functions to
   architectural components.  It goes on to illustrate the operation of
   the architecture within various deployment scenarios that are
   described more fully in other documents produced by the HOKEY Working
   Group.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-hokey-arch-design/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-hokey-arch-design/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

---

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 00:01:47 +0000

Folks,

IETF last call on this is done. Were there any changes
resulting? I didn't see any.

Are there any further changes to be made? I can't
recall any but this was a last-minute-before-the-
cutoff submission so there might be.

There was also a secdir review [1] with a nit. Fix that
or not as you choose.

Once you confirm no more changes are needed to me I'll
put it on a telechat agenda,

Thanks,
S.

[1] http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/secdir/current/msg02976.html

On 11/02/2011 03:56 PM, The IESG wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> HOKEY mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hokey
>

---

From: Glen Zorn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 20:01:20 +0700

> There was also a secdir review [1] with a nit. Fix that

Fixed.

> put it on a telechat agenda,

OK w/ me.

...

---

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 13:01:37 +0000

ping: I'm waiting on a confirmation from you...

If you get that to me before tomorrow I can put
it on the Dec 1 telechat. Or it can go on the
Dec 15 one if not.

S.

---

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 13:02:34 +0000

Ok, mail crossing in the ether:-) I'll put it on
the Dec 1 telechat.

Thanks,
S.