Subject: [HOKEY] RFC 6630 on EAP Re-authentication Protocol Extensions for Authenticated Anticipatory Keying (ERP/AAK)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 18:51:14 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6630

        Title:      EAP Re-authentication Protocol Extensions for 
                    Authenticated Anticipatory Keying (ERP/AAK) 
        Author:     Z. Cao, H. Deng,
                    Q. Wu, G. Zorn, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Characters: 40373
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-hokey-erp-aak-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6630.txt

The Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) is a generic framework
supporting multiple types of authentication methods.

The EAP Re-authentication Protocol (ERP) specifies extensions to EAP
and the EAP keying hierarchy to support an EAP method-independent
protocol for efficient re-authentication between the peer and an EAP
re-authentication server through any authenticator.

Authenticated Anticipatory Keying (AAK) is a method by which
cryptographic keying material may be established upon one or more
Candidate Attachment Points (CAPs) prior to handover.  AAK uses the
AAA infrastructure for key transport.

This document specifies the extensions necessary to enable AAK
support in ERP.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Handover Keying Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC