Subject: [homegate] only 9 out of 38 current home routers do DNSSEC

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 21:09:45 +0200

German study finds only 9 out of 38 current home routers support DNSSEC.

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A//www.heise.de/ct/meldung/BSI-Studie-Viele-Heimrouter-beherrschen-kein-DNSsec-914777.html&hl=en&langpair=auto|en&tbb=1&ie=UTF-8

Full study will apparently be published next month.

Lars

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 19:32:56 +0000

> German study finds only 9 out of 38 current home routers support DNSSEC.

This is unsurprising, unfortunately :(

By the way, my draft draft-bellis-dns-recursive-discovery-00 currently 
(sort of) sat in DNSOP, is a potential candidate for HomeGate once 
chartered.

It describes a way for a stub resolver to discover the _real_ address of 
the access provider's DNS servers, allowing the resolver to talk directly 
to those rather than to the home router's proxy.

> http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A//www.heise.de/ct/
> meldung/BSI-Studie-Viele-Heimrouter-beherrschen-kein-
> DNSsec-914777.html&hl=en&langpair=auto|en&tbb=1&ie=UTF-8
> 

I look forward to seeing it!

Ray