Subject: [homenet] Discussion on feasibility of route configuration over DHCPv6

From: Tomek Mrugalski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 22:36:02 +0800

Hi,
Everyone's favourite topic is back. There is pretty good chance that
current discussion will lead to either publication of
draft-ietf-mif-dhcpv6-route-option or its abandonment.

If you care about this topic, you are encouraged to read and post in:

Why we need route option thread:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/mif/current/msg01431.html

Why we should drop route option thread:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/mif/current/msg01432.html

There are questions raised if MIF is the best place for this option, but
since it is adopted there, MIF list seems like a reasonable place to
discuss its faith. There are at least 5 (DHC, MIF, HOMENET, V6OPS, 6MAN)
WGs that may be interested in this. There may be others. I consider
cross-posting to 5 mailing lists as highly inappropriate.

Similar posts as this will be sent to DHC, HOMENET, V6OPS and 6MAN shortly.

Cheers,
Tomek Mrugalski
ISC