Subject: [homenet] dnssdext wg bof at ietf 87

From: Dave Taht <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 11:32:21 -0700

I tend to regard the naming/service discovery problem as the biggest
one in a routed home network (regardless of the routing protocol,
prefix distribution mechanism, etc, etc)

so I am pleased to see a bof scheduled for what we were calling
mdnsext and now the more accurate dnssdext.
(I think I've seen a typo for dnsnext?)

http://trac.tools.ietf.org/bof/trac/wiki/WikiStart#dnssdext

In there is the open question about homenet's relationship to this
group. Is it the intent of homenet wg to defer to the decisions of the
dnssdext working group, or...

-- 
Dave Täht

Better testing for bloat:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/107942175615993706558/posts/W5EmsoHFx9q

---

From: Tim Chown <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 20:59:37 +0100

> dnssdext working group, or...

There will need to be close linkage between the groups (assuming dnssdext is formed). I would expect this to be discussed in Berlin, and that there will be some steer from the ADs, given both are Int Area. One point to note is that the dnssdext scope is larger than just homenet, including enterprise and campus environments. 

The name of the dnssdext BoF was originally sdnssd (scalable dns sd), but that was changed in case anyone glancing at the meeting schedule assumed it was a SDN-related BoF.  The final name of the WG, again if formed, is to be determined.

Tim