Subject: [homenet] rt protocol comparison on criterion 'transitivity' A-B-C draft-baccelli-intarea-adhoc-wireless-com-00.txt

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 17:06:04 -0500

Hello,

During the slide presentation by Margaret we saw a criterion for 
protocol comparison describing 'transitivity', in the sense A sees B 
sees C but A does not sees C - aka a 'hidden terminal problem' in WiFi 
IBSS mode.

In intarea WG there is an actively maintained draft about these issues 
in adhoc networks:
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-baccelli-intarea-adhoc-wireless-com-00.txt

Babel and IS-IS as well as any future routing protocol should be aware 
of the discussion around this draft.

Alex

---

From: Henning Rogge <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 07:04:16 +0100

On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 11:06 PM, Alexandru Petrescu
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> During the slide presentation by Margaret we saw a criterion for protocol
> comparison describing 'transitivity', in the sense A sees B sees C but A
> does not sees C - aka a 'hidden terminal problem' in WiFi IBSS mode.

You can also have this with AP mode or Wifi-Direct... two routers with
a Wifi client interface connected to the same router but not seeing
each other.

Henning Rogge