Subject: [homenet] multicast over wifi and and IEEE-IETF coordination

From: Mikael Abrahamsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2015 01:31:33 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

I have been involved with the coordination group between IEEE and IETF to 
discuss multicast over 802.11 issues that have been brought up in 
different forums, both regarding reliability and power usage on battery 
powered devices.

There will be a presentation in INTAREA regarding this and initial 
discussion on the issue will be had there. In case there is enough 
interest in the issue, there might be a non-working group mailing list 
created for further discussion, or something else.

There will also be presentation in the IEEE meeting next week on this 
issue, so there is awareness in both forums that the issue has been 
raised to try to gather all interested parties to work on this problem.

The presentation tomorrow will be to present what IEEE already has done in 
this area (for instance GCR), and then there is a need to figure out what 
part of the problem to be solved where (IETF/IEEE).

-- 
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: [email-masked]