Subject: [homenet] RFC 7695 on Distributed Prefix Assignment Algorithm

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2015 08:17:58 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7695

        Title:      Distributed Prefix Assignment Algorithm 
        Author:     P. Pfister, B. Paterson, J. Arkko
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Characters: 46244
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-homenet-prefix-assignment-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7695

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7695

This document specifies a distributed algorithm for dividing a set of 
prefixes in a manner that allows for automatic assignment of sub-prefixes 
that are unique and non-overlapping.  Used in conjunction with a protocol 
that provides flooding of information among a set of participating nodes, 
prefix configuration within a network may be automated.

This document is a product of the Home Networking Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

---

From: Ray Bellis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2015 16:33:09 +0000

>         DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7695

Congratulations Pierre et al (and what a nice birthday present for
Pierre, too!).

Ray

---

From: Pierre Pfister <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2015 19:33:12 +0100

> Le 24 nov. 2015 à 17:33, Ray Bellis <[email-masked]> a écrit :
> 
> 
> 

Yeay !
First RFC published on my birthday. That’s cool.

Thanks everyone who contributed, and many thanks to RFC editors !

- Pierre

---

From: Juliusz Chroboczek <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2015 20:54:25 +0100

> A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

Congratulations, Pierre !  It's a nice algorithm, I'll be giving a talk
about it early next year.

-- Juliusz

---

From: Lorenzo Colitti <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 10:08:38 +0900

On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 4:54 AM, Juliusz Chroboczek <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> Congratulations, Pierre !

+1

> I'll be giving a talk about it early next year.
>

When you do, if you have English slides please consider sending them to
this list as well.

Cheers,
Lorenzo

---

From: Juliusz Chroboczek <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 11:47:46 +0100

> When you do, if you have English slides please consider sending them to

Good idea, and a good excuse to write my slides in English.

-- Juliusz