Subject: [homenet] Last Call: <draft-ietf-homenet-dot-12.txt> (Special Use Domain 'home.arpa.') to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2017 07:16:17 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Home Networking WG (homenet) to
consider the following document: - 'Special Use Domain 'home.arpa.''
  <draft-ietf-homenet-dot-12.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-08-25. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies the behavior that is expected from the Domain
   Name System with regard to DNS queries for names ending with
   '.home.arpa.', and designates this domain as a special-use domain
   name. 'home.arpa.' is designated for non-unique use in residential
   home networks.  Home Networking Control Protocol (HNCP) is updated to
   use the 'home.arpa.' domain instead of '.home'.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-homenet-dot/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-homenet-dot/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.