Subject: [homenet] I-D Action: draft-ietf-homenet-dot-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2017 07:59:54 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Home Networking WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Special Use Domain 'home.arpa.'
        Authors         : Pierre Pfister
                          Ted Lemon
	Filename        : draft-ietf-homenet-dot-12.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2017-08-10

Abstract:
   This document specifies the behavior that is expected from the Domain
   Name System with regard to DNS queries for names ending with
   '.home.arpa.', and designates this domain as a special-use domain
   name. 'home.arpa.' is designated for non-unique use in residential
   home networks.  Home Networking Control Protocol (HNCP) is updated to
   use the 'home.arpa.' domain instead of '.home'.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-homenet-dot/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-homenet-dot-12
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-homenet-dot-12

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-homenet-dot-12

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Ted Lemon <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2017 11:01:49 -0400

This revision fixes the problem that Mark Andrews pointed out yesterday with respect to queries for DS records for 'home.arpa.'

Before any further action occurs, we should probably wait for Mark, who I assume is enjoying a well deserved night's sleep right now, to see if he's happy with the new version.   Sorry for the churn, but the problem Mark found was a very serious problem that would have prevented the whole thing from working!