Subject: [HT-rt] QUIC Human Rights Review: Update

From: Beatrice Martini <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2018 18:53:38 +0200

Hello,

As mentioned by Niels a few days ago on the list, we are working on the
Human Rights Review of a few QUIC drafts.

So today we thought we would share a brief update about our progress with
you.

Our current focus for the QUIC Human Rights Review is on the following
drafts:

* draft-ietf-quic-transport-12
* draft-ietf-quic-tls-12
* draft-ietf-quic-invariants-01

The next step will be to interview a few contributors to the drafts and
discuss their analysis of what potential impacts on human rights they might
have.

We will use this input to create a review which we will share with you and
the QUIC-mailinglist. We are also playing with the idea of writing a blog
post about this.

The ideal outcomes of this process would be:

* Improved relevance and quality of draft-ietf-quic-transport-12,
draft-ietf-quic-tls-12, draft-ietf-quic-invariants-01

* Increased experience with other methods for doing Human Rights Reviews

* Mainstreaming Human Rights Reviews in the IETF

We already started to invite some QUIC draft contributors to meet with us,
and their response to our research proposal has been very positive and
collaborative.

We will conduct the interviews during the IETF Hackathon (July 14-15), and
are currently in the process to structure and schedule them.

Please let us know if you have any question about the research, or feedback
you would like to share.

We will keep you updated.

Thank you!

Best,
Beatrice

-- 
Beatrice Martini
Twitter <https://twitter.com/beatricemartini> / Blog
<http://beatricemartini.it/blog/> / Newsletter <http://eepurl.com/bbDuEn>