Subject: [hrpc] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-tenoever-hrpc-research-02.txt

From: Niels ten Oever <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2016 18:47:46 +0200

Dear all,

There is a new version of the research document.

This document addresses:
- The comments made at the mic at the hrpc in Buenos Aires at IETF95
- The comments made by Avri [0]
- The suggestions made by Nick Doty to revise the questionnaire in line
with the W3C privacy and security questionnaire [1]
- Improvements after a full re-read by Corinne and me.

I think with this all outstanding issues in the draft have been
addresses and we're feeling pretty confident about the maturity of the
document. But it is of course always good to hear your ideas,
suggestions and comments.

Best,

Niels

[0] https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/hrpc/current/msg00372.html
[1] https://www.w3.org/wiki/Privacy_and_security_questionnaire

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-tenoever-hrpc-research-02.txt
Date: Fri, 13 May 2016 09:31:59 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: Corinne Cath <[email-masked]>, Niels ten Oever
<[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-tenoever-hrpc-research-02.txt
has been successfully submitted by Niels ten Oever and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-tenoever-hrpc-research
Revision:	02
Title:		Research into Human Rights Protocol Considerations
Document date:	2016-05-13
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		67
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tenoever-hrpc-research-02.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-tenoever-hrpc-research/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tenoever-hrpc-research-02
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-tenoever-hrpc-research-02

Abstract:
   The increaseing convolution of Internet and society increases the
   impact of the Internet on the lives of individuals.  Because of this,
   the design and development of the architecture of the Internet also
   has an increasing impact on society.  This has led to an increasing
   recognition that human rights [UDHR] [ICCPR] [ICESCR] have a role in
   the development and management of the Internet [HRC2012] [UNGA2013]
   [NETmundial].  It has also been argued that the Internet should be
   strengthened as a human rights enabling environment [Brown].

   This document provides a proposal for a vocabulary to discuss the
   relation between human rights and Internet protocols, an overview of
   the discussion in technical and academic literature and communities,
   a proposal for the mapping of the relation between human rights and
   technical concepts, and a proposal for guidelines for human rights
   considerations, similar to the work done on the guidelines for
   privacy considerations [RFC6973].

   Discussion of this draft at: [email-masked] //
   https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/hrpc

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: Scott Craig <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2016 18:01:56 +0100

Hi Niels,

I sent an email earlier today to the list with some feedback. However,
because I sent it by my work email (which isn't subscribed) as opposed to
my own email (which is subscribed) it went to the moderator (you) for
approval.

Has that come through to you, or should I resend the feedback?

Thanks,

Scott
-- 

*Scott Craig* | Ford-Mozilla Fellow
Center for Democracy & Technology |* cdt.org <https://cdt.org/>*
*E:* [email-masked] | *D:* 1.202.407.8887 | @scottdavidcraig

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 5:47 PM, Niels ten Oever <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> Htmlized:
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tenoever-hrpc-research-02
> Diff:
> _______________________________________________
> hrpc mailing list
> [email-masked]

---

From: Niels ten Oever <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2016 19:09:50 +0200

I think I just responded :)

Cheers,

Niels

Niels ten Oever
Head of Digital

Article 19
www.article19.org

PGP fingerprint    8D9F C567 BEE4 A431 56C4
                   678B 08B5 A0F2 636D 68E9

On 05/13/2016 07:01 PM, Scott Craig wrote:
> because I sent it by my work email (which isn't subscribed) as opposed
> to my own email (which is subscribed) it went to the moderator (you) for
> approval. 
> 
> *E:* [email-masked] <http://cdt.org/> | *D:* 1.202.407.8887
> <tel:202.407.8887> | **@scottdavidcraig
> 
> 
> 
> On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 5:47 PM, Niels ten Oever <[email-masked]
> <mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
> 
>     Dear all,
> 
>     From: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
>     To: Corinne Cath <[email-masked]
>     <mailto:[email-masked]>>, Niels ten Oever
>     <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>>
> 
> 
>        Discussion of this draft at: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> //
>     until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org
>     <http://tools.ietf.org>.
> 
>     The IETF Secretariat
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
>     [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
> */
> /*