Subject: [hrpc] draft-irtf-hrpc-research-03bis

From: Niels ten Oever <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2016 13:28:20 +0530

Dear all,

I hope this e-mail finds you well. We made a new draft which should
reconcile the final conflicts with Stephen's review along lines of the
hints and suggestions made by Stephen, Joe and others.

We're greatly looking forward to discuss this with you in Seoul.

Please find it attached, here:
https://github.com/nllz/IRTF-HRPC/blob/master/draft-research.md
and here:
http://nielstenoever.net/draft-research.html

Changelog:
- Reworked and changed the concept of Internet architecture to reflect
that there is no one architecture for all networks

- Moved the questionnaire up.

- Expanded the discussion on protocol politics.

- Added more language to content agnosticism.

- Removed the notion of information security from the glossary because
it was not needed and with our new fixes is became too long and
troublesome.

- Added text on human rights and specific technologies and balancing.

We would also like to offer some points for discussion for the agenda:

Should we use anonymity as aspirational goal, because there seems to be
consensus that full anonymity is (very) hard to achieve. Should we
replace it with 'control of ones own information' or 'not being
tracked'. The downside of that is that we then miss the link between a
concept that is widely understood technically and juridically.

Internationalization: should we aim to internationalize on that what is
user facing, or also what is developer facing?

Protocols are political: even though we had the discussion on this list
for quite a bit, this seems a relevant issue to discuss in the session.

Looking forwards to discuss with you all in Seoul.

Safe travels!

Best,

Niels

PS I will also publish the new -04 version Monday morning first thing,
but I could not do it now because the submission tool is closed for one
week before the meeting.

-- 
Niels ten Oever
Head of Digital

Article 19
www.article19.org

PGP fingerprint    8D9F C567 BEE4 A431 56C4
                   678B 08B5 A0F2 636D 68E9