Subject: [hrpc] BGP and politics

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2018 08:20:53 +0100

Very good talk at the last Chaos Computer Club Meeting on "BGP and the
rule of custom". The speaker rightly notes that "Protocols are, at
their root, systems of governance" and explains very well how the BGP
system work, and the relations between the operators, how to exclude a
rogue one, etc. "Peerings between Tier-1 is a bit like marriages
between wealthy families"

https://media.ccc.de/v/34c3-9072-bgp_and_the_rule_of_custom

---

From: Corinne Cath <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2018 21:58:48 +0000

It was very good! I particularly liked the Q&A and the question about the
difference between the legal and moral responsibility. Which seems to apply
to some of the conversations we have been having as well.

best,

Corinne

On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 7:20 AM, Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> hrpc mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/hrpc
>

-- 
Corinne Cath
Ph.D. Candidate, Oxford Internet Institute & Alan Turing Institute

Web: www.oii.ox.ac.uk/people/corinne-cath
Email: [email-masked] & [email-masked]
Twitter: @C_Cath

---

From: Niels ten Oever <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 11:02:20 +0100

Thanks for this, I think this paper makes a similar point:

https://policyreview.info/articles/analysis/myth-decentralised-internet

Best,

Niels

-- 

Niels ten Oever
Head of Digital

Article 19
www.article19.org

PGP fingerprint	   2458 0B70 5C4A FD8A 9488  
                   643A 0ED8 3F3A 468A C8B3