Subject: [Http-grease] Escaped "\" or DQUOTE not web compatible

From: Mike Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2020 13:06:34 -0600

Hi there,

We've decided to pull[1] \\ and \" from the Sec-UA-CH brand arbitrary 
value in Chrome as it incurs too much site breakage (see [2] for summary).

In my opinion, escaped "\" or DQUOTE are not web compatible.

[1] https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=1149575
[2] https://github.com/WICG/ua-client-hints/issues/161

thanks,
Mike

---

From: Mike Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2020 16:46:42 -0600

> In my opinion, escaped "\" or DQUOTE are not web compatible.

It's worth noting that ESAPI is the main culprit for the breakage (for 
those who don't want to click through to GitHub), and we would like to 
experiment with greasing in the future, but have no concrete plans right 
now.

thanks,
Mike