Subject: Re: [http-state] [httpstate] #1: Remove nameless cookies?

From: "httpstate issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2010 17:58:51 -0000

#1: Remove nameless cookies?
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  ietf@…              |        Owner:        
     Type:  defect              |       Status:  closed
 Priority:  major               |    Milestone:        
Component:  cookie              |      Version:        
 Severity:  -                   |   Resolution:  fixed 
 Keywords:                      |  
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
Changes (by ietf@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 Per discussion on the mailing list and at IETF77, I've removed nameless
 cookies from the draft.  Cookies without names (either because they lack a
 "=" or because "=" occurs as the first character of the set-cookie-
 string") are now ignored by the user agent.

 I'm somewhat worried that this change will have compatibility challenges,
 but that opinion appears to be the minority.  I'd like to see some
 deployment of this change to validate that this change is sufficiently
 compatible.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpstate/trac/ticket/1#comment:1>
httpstate <http://tools.ietf.org/httpstate/>