Subject: Re: [http-state] [httpstate] #12: The path-match algorithm doesn't match IE or Firefox exactly

From: "httpstate issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2010 17:21:38 -0000

#12: The path-match algorithm doesn't match IE or Firefox exactly
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  ietf@…              |        Owner:        
     Type:  defect              |       Status:  closed
 Priority:  major               |    Milestone:        
Component:  cookie              |      Version:        
 Severity:  -                   |   Resolution:  fixed 
 Keywords:                      |  
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
Changes (by ietf@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 At IETF77, Dan Witte said he'd like to change Firefox's behavior to match
 what we have in the spec currently, so I'm leaving this as is.  I'll
 follow up with him to make sure this happens.

 No other browsers seem to require the IE behavior w.r.t. # and ? in the
 path attribute, so it seems safe not to add that complexity to the
 protocol.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpstate/trac/ticket/12#comment:1>
httpstate <http://tools.ietf.org/httpstate/>