Subject: Fwd: I-D Action:draft-pettersen-subtld-structure-04.txt

From: "Yngve N. Pettersen (Developer Opera Software ASA)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 23:47:50 +0100

FYI, this draft removes the central repository requirement, and moves the  
method for collecting the information out of scope.

Suggestions for how to collect the information are welcomed.

------- Forwarded message -------
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action:draft-pettersen-subtld-structure-04.txt
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 23:15:01 +0100

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts  
directories.

	Title           : The TLD Subdomain Structure Protocol and its use for  
Cookie domain validation
	Author(s)       : Y. Pettersen
	Filename        : draft-pettersen-subtld-structure-04.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2008-11-03

This document defines a protocol and specification format that can be
used by a client to discover how a Top Level Domain (TLD) is
organized in terms of what subdomains are used to place closely
related but independent domains, e.g. commercial domains in country
code TLDs (ccTLD) like .uk are placed in the .co.uk subTLD domain.
This information is then used to limit which domains an Internet
service can set cookies for, strengthening the rules already defined
by the cookie specifications.Requirements Language

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT",
"SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this
document are to be interpreted as described in RFC 2119 [RFC2119].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pettersen-subtld-structure-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

-- 
Sincerely,
Yngve N. Pettersen
 
********************************************************************
Senior Developer                     Email: [email-masked]
Opera Software ASA                   http://www.opera.com/
Phone:  +47 24 16 42 60              Fax:    +47 24 16 40 01
********************************************************************