Subject: fyi: W3C web security mailing list (announcement) (was: HTTPbis and the Same Origin Policy)

From: =JeffH <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 11:16:00 -0800

Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]> said..
 >
 > There's currently a lot of discussion along these lines both at the IETF and
 > the W3C, and I expect that a new mailing list will be announced shortly to
 > serve as a home for topics like this.

see below...

From: Thomas Roessler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 15:48:27 +0100
Cc: Thomas Roessler <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: W3C web security mailing list

With some delay after the security BOF at TPAC, welcome to the W3C web
security mailing list. If you want to get off this mailing list, please
either contact me directly, or send a note with the subject
"unsubscribe" to [email-masked].

The list has a publicly visible archive:
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-security/
A companion wiki is also available (writable for anybody with a W3C web
account); I've put in a little bit of content to jump-start things (no
full minutes from the BOF at TPAC, though):
   http://www.w3.org/Security/wiki/

The scope of the list is broad: "Improving standards and implementations
to advance the security of the Web."  What's meant by this is that this
mailing list is the right place to discuss topics like:

- new specs that people want to bring to W3C, IETF or other relevant
standards bodies
- emerging security issues
- bigger themes, like how and where to document the same origin policy

With that, it's over to you!
--
Thomas Roessler, W3C  <[email-masked]>

---
end

---

From: =JeffH <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 11:20:24 -0800

argh!   :-(

 > Oops.  I should have read my whole inbox before replying.
 > Sorry for the noise.

ditto. apologies.

=JeffH