Subject: FYI: Google blog on Unicode

From: "Martin J. Dürst" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 20:28:21 +0900

Forwarded from Mark Davis:

 > There's a blog on Unicode that people may find interesting:
 > http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2010/01/unicode-nearing-50-of-web.html

This is detected actual use, not necessarily what's labeled.

I hope that this will help getting rid of what's still left of 
iso-8859-1 in the HTTP spec and in default settings for server 
implementations.

Regards,   Martin.

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 13:26:17 +0100

Martin J. Dürst wrote:
> ...

The only place where HTTPbis has a normative reference to ISO-8859-1 is 
for the character set defaults when encoding information is missing 
(<http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/ticket/20>).

So what would be relevant here is the percentage of UTF-8 in use for 
unlabeled content.

Best regards, Julian