Subject: p2-semantics proofreading

From: Anthony Bryan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 14:08:03 -0500

I think apostrophes are typically used to show possession and contraction.
OLD
The individual values of the numeric status codes defined for
HTTP/1.1, and an example set of corresponding Reason-Phrase's, are
presented below.

"first match winning" might be better as "first applicable being
selected" or something?
OLD
To determine the URI of the resource a response is associated with,
the following rules are used (first match winning):
NEW
To determine the URI of the resource a response is associated with,
the following rules are used (with the first applicable one being
selected):

Is this mixing verb tenses? Should probably ask an English major,
instead of going by me. :)

OLD
The request has been fulfilled and resulted in a new resource being created.

NEW
The request was fulfilled and resulted in a new resource being created.
OR
The request has been fulfilled and has resulted in a new resource being created.

I am not sure if an individual working somewhere matters?

OLD
Such an event is common for limited-time, promotional services and for
resources belonging to individuals no longer working at the server's
site.

NEW
Such an event is common for limited-time, promotional services and for
resources belonging to individuals no longer hosting content at the
server's site.
OR
Such an event is common for limited-time, promotional services and for
resources no longer hosted at the server's site.

Double notification?

OLD
Note: Note to implementors: some deployed proxies are known to return
400 or 500 when DNS lookups time out.

NEW
Note to implementors: some deployed proxies are known to return 400 or
500 when DNS lookups time out.

-- 
(( Anthony Bryan ... Metalink [ http://www.metalinker.org ]
  )) Easier, More Reliable, Self Healing Downloads

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2010 17:26:46 +0100

> HTTP/1.1, and an example set of corresponding Reason-Phrase's, are

Fixed. (Made it say "Reason-Phrase values").

> the following rules are used (with the first applicable one being

Done.

> The request has been fulfilled and has resulted in a new resource being created.

Picked the latter.

> resources no longer hosted at the server's site.

I think the point was to give examples, not to list all cases in 
general. The case of a person leaving a company is a good example, thus 
I'm not sure changing this would be an improvement.

> 500 when DNS lookups time out.

Fixed!

Thanks, Julian