Subject: Fwd: RFC 5987 on Character Set and Language Encoding for Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) Header Field Parameters

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 19:25:16 +0200

FYI (and thanks to everybody who provided feedback):

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RFC 5987 on Character Set and Language Encoding for Hypertext 
Transfer Protocol (HTTP) Header Field Parameters
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 08:48:21 -0700 (PDT)
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked]

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

         RFC 5987

         Title:      Character Set and Language Encoding
                     for Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) Header
                     Field Parameters
         Author:     J. Reschke
         Status:     Standards Track
         Stream:     IETF
         Date:       August 2010
         Mailbox:    [email-masked]
         Pages:      10
         Characters: 20108
         Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

         I-D Tag:    draft-reschke-rfc2231-in-http-12.txt

         URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5987.txt

By default, message header field parameters in Hypertext Transfer
Protocol (HTTP) messages cannot carry characters outside the ISO-
8859-1 character set.  RFC 2231 defines an encoding mechanism for use
in Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (MIME) headers.  This
document specifies an encoding suitable for use in HTTP header fields
that is compatible with a profile of the encoding defined in RFC
2231.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
   http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
   http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 09:44:36 +1000

Thanks for doing this work, Julian.

On 14/08/2010, at 3:25 AM, Julian Reschke wrote:

> Subject: RFC 5987 on Character Set and Language Encoding for Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) Header Field Parameters

--
Mark Nottingham     http://www.mnot.net/