Subject: [Fwd: I-D Action:draft-ietf-kitten-digest-to-historic-02.txt]

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 19:05:19 +0100

I believe this document will be going to IETF Last Call soon.

Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-kitten-digest-to-historic-02.txt
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 03:30:01 -0700 (PDT)
List-Id: Internet Draft Announcements only <i-d-announce.ietf.org>

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Authentication Technology Next Generation Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Moving DIGEST-MD5 to Historic
	Author(s)       : A. Melnikov
	Filename        : draft-ietf-kitten-digest-to-historic-02.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2010-09-22

This memo describes problems with the DIGEST-MD5 Simple
Authentication and Security Layer (SASL) mechanism as specified in
RFC 2831.  It recommends that DIGEST-MD5 to be marked as OBSOLETE in
the IANA Registry of SASL mechanisms, and that RFC 2831 be moved to
Historic status.

Note

A revised version of this draft document will be submitted to the RFC
editor as a Informational document for the Internet Community.
Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested, and should
be sent to [email-masked].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-kitten-digest-to-historic-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt