Subject: Weekly github digest (HTTP Working Group Specifications)

From: Github Notifications <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2019 00:45:21 +0000 (UTC)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* httpwg/http-extensions (+3/-0/💬9)
  3 issues created:
  - Variant-Key needs justification (by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/783 [variants] 
  - define a URI reference type (by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/782 [header-structure] 
  - empty lists and empty field values (by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/781 

  3 issues received 9 new comments:
  - #716 Consider a `Sec-CH-` prefix for client hint headers. (5 by arturjanc, mnot, yoavweiss, annevk)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/716 [client-hints] 
  - #781 empty lists and empty field values (3 by reschke, wtarreau, mcmanus)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/781 [header-structure] 
  - #537 UTF-8 (1 by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/537 [header-structure] 

* httpwg/http-core (+5/-6/💬71)
  5 issues created:
  - field-value value space (by annevk)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/215 
  - byte-range-set definition allows OWS but probably doesn't work in practice (by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/212 
  - Audit: ABNF exceptions (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/211 
  - unnecessary use of 1#element for header field definitions (by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/210 
  - Expect should be a list header (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/203 [h1-messaging] 

  23 issues received 71 new comments:
  - #194 QUIC and https:// (13 by royfielding, martinthomson, vrubleg, igorlord)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/194 [discuss] 
  - #164 ABNF recipient list production #element does not allow null element prior to first element (9 by reschke, royfielding, annevk)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/164 [erratum] [semantics] 
  - #19 field-value rule does not allow single field-vchar surrounded by whitespace [was: fix field-value ABNF] (7 by reschke, royfielding, annevk)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/19 [erratum] [h1-messaging] [has-proposal] 
  - #128 Quoted cache-control directives (6 by reschke, royfielding, MattMenke2, mcmanus)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/128 [caching] [discuss] 
  - #22 Clarify rules around half-closed TCP connections (4 by MikeBishop, mcmanus, Lukasa)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/22 [discuss] [h1-messaging] 
  - #203 Expect should be a list header (4 by reschke, annevk, mcmanus)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/203 [discuss] [h1-messaging] 
  - #51 MIME sniffing (3 by annevk, mcmanus, royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/51 [discuss] [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - #202 Tighten language around GET and DELETE request bodies (3 by evert, mcmanus, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/202 [discuss] [semantics] 
  - #137 Serializing a header line (2 by royfielding, mcmanus)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/137 [discuss] [h1-messaging] 
  - #165 Updating stored headers (2 by mcmanus)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/165 [caching] [discuss] 
  - #48 415 and Accept (2 by reschke, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/48 [semantics] 
  - #185 Privacy considerations section: reference suggestion (2 by royfielding, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/185 [semantics] 
  - #192 Collected ABNF (2 by reschke, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/192 
  - #197 status-line ABNF and SP reason-phrase (2 by reschke, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/197 [h1-messaging] 
  - #111 Header terminology (2 by mcmanus, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/111 [discuss] [semantics] 
  - #6 Security considerations: discuss BREACH in the context of gzip encoding (1 by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/6 [semantics] 
  - #7 new header field considerations: list vs keyword (1 by mcmanus)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/7 [discuss] [semantics] 
  - #20 RFC 5789: Content-Location header usage (1 by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/20 [semantics] 
  - #30 Field-name syntax (1 by mcmanus)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/30 [discuss] [semantics] 
  - #54 Method registry should include cacheability (1 by mcmanus)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/54 [discuss] [erratum] [semantics] 
  - #195 absolute-path not identical to path_absolute in RFC 3986 (1 by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/195 [semantics] 
  - #215 field-value value space (1 by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/215 
  - #120 Status codes and caching (1 by mcmanus)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/120 [caching] [discuss] 

  6 issues closed:
  - ABNF recipient list production #element does not allow null element prior to first element https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/164 [erratum] [semantics] 
  - field-value rule does not allow single field-vchar surrounded by whitespace [was: fix field-value ABNF] https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/19 [erratum] [h1-messaging] [has-proposal] 
  - status-line ABNF and SP reason-phrase https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/197 [h1-messaging] 
  - MIME sniffing https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/51 [discuss] [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - absolute-path not identical to path_absolute in RFC 3986 https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/195 [semantics] 
  - Header normalization rules https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/45 [has-proposal] [semantics] 

Pull requests
-------------
* httpwg/http-extensions (+1/-0/💬3)
  1 pull requests submitted:
  - Deleted intro’s promise of an “initial set of Client Hints” (by eeeps)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/780 

  3 pull requests received 3 new comments:
  - #776 Add Sec- prefix to security considerations (1 by arturjanc)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/776 
  - #777 Rename Cache header to Cache-Status (1 by OlliV)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/777 
  - #696 Define policy-controlled features (1 by eeeps)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/696 [client-hints] 

* httpwg/http-core (+4/-6/💬5)
  4 pull requests submitted:
  - fix field-value ABNF (#19) (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/213 
  - simplify list rule mapping for consumers not to address cardínality (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/209 
  - remove misleading text for HTTP extension needed for OPTIONS payloads (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/206 
  - Change reason-phrase to be optional but non-empty (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/205 

  3 pull requests received 5 new comments:
  - #209 simplify list rule mapping for consumers not to address cardinality (2 by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/209 
  - #213 fix field-value ABNF (#19) (2 by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/213 
  - #205 Change reason-phrase to be optional but non-empty (1 by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/205 

  6 pull requests merged:
  - fix field-value ABNF (#19)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/213 
  - simplify list rule mapping for consumers not to address cardinality
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/209 
  - Change reason-phrase to be optional but non-empty
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/205 
  - remove misleading text for HTTP extension needed for OPTIONS payloads
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/206 
  - Reference MIME sniffing and X-CTO
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/186 
  - Move parameter into its own section.
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/187 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-core