Subject: [Technical Errata Reported] RFC8586 (5704)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2019 06:41:58 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC8586,
"Loop Detection in Content Delivery Networks (CDNs)".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid5704

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>

Section: 1.2

Original Text
-------------
   This specification uses the Augmented Backus-Naur Form (ABNF)
   notation of [RFC5234] with a list extension, defined in Section 7 of
   [RFC7230], that allows for compact definition of comma-separated
   lists using a '#' operator (similar to how the '*' operator indicates
   repetition).  Additionally, it uses a token (OWS), uri-host, and port
   rules from [RFC7230] and the parameter rule from [RFC7231].

Corrected Text
--------------
   This specification uses the Augmented Backus-Naur Form (ABNF)
   notation of [RFC5234] with a list extension, defined in Section 7 of
   [RFC7230], that allows for compact definition of comma-separated
   lists using a '#' operator (similar to how the '*' operator indicates
   repetition).  Additionally, it uses the token, OWS, uri-host and port
   rules from [RFC7230] and the parameter rule from [RFC7231].

Notes
-----
The last sentence apparently was mangled during AUTH48. The correct version is from draft-ietf-httpbis-cdn-loop-02. "token", "OWS", "uri-host" and "port" are all ABNF rules.

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party  
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC8586 (draft-ietf-httpbis-cdn-loop-02)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Loop Detection in Content Delivery Networks (CDNs)
Publication Date    : April 2019
Author(s)           : S. Ludin, M. Nottingham, N. Sullivan
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Hypertext Transfer Protocol Bis
Area                : Applications and Real-Time
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2019 09:22:59 +1000

Confirmed.

> On 25 Apr 2019, at 11:41 pm, RFC Errata System <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/