Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-httpbis-cache-header-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2019 21:23:49 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Hypertext Transfer Protocol WG of the IETF.

        Title           : The Cache-Status HTTP Response Header
        Author          : Mark Nottingham
	Filename        : draft-ietf-httpbis-cache-header-01.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2019-11-03

Abstract:
   To aid debugging, HTTP caches often append headers to a response
   detailing how they handled the request.  This specification codifies
   that practice and updates it for HTTP's current caching model.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-cache-header/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-cache-header-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-cache-header-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-httpbis-cache-header-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2019 16:33:36 +1100

This revision refactors the Cache header, as discussed previously. It's somewhat tentative, but I wanted to get some initial feedback before going too far down this path.

Best way to get acquainted with it is to look at the examples, down near the bottom.

Cheers,

> On 4 Nov 2019, at 4:23 pm, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> 

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/

---

From: Thomas Peterson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2019 15:20:45 +0000

Thank you for this new version, apart from a formatting nit I have 
noted[0], I am happy with the direction of change you're taking the 
document and think maybe #766 could be closed?

Regards

0: https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/979

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2019 10:32:10 +1100

Hi Thomas,

Someone else brought that to my attention too; draft -02 should address it.

Thanks!

> On 5 Nov 2019, at 2:20 am, Thomas Peterson <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Thank you for this new version, apart from a formatting nit I have noted[0], I am happy with the direction of change you're taking the document and think maybe #766 could be closed?
> 
> Regards
>