Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-httpbis-cache-header-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2019 15:26:29 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the HTTP WG of the IETF.

        Title           : The Cache-Status HTTP Response Header
        Author          : Mark Nottingham
	Filename        : draft-ietf-httpbis-cache-header-02.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2019-11-04

Abstract:
   To aid debugging, HTTP caches often append headers to a response
   detailing how they handled the request.  This specification codifies
   that practice and updates it for HTTP's current caching model.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-cache-header/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-cache-header-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-cache-header-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-httpbis-cache-header-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Kari Hurtta <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2019 07:48:03 +0200 (EET)

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-cache-header-02#section-2

|   Each member of the parameterised list represents a cache that has
|   handled the request.  The first member of the list represents the
|   cache closest to the origin server, and the last member of the list
|   represents the cache closest to the user agent (possibly including
|   the user agent's cache itself, if it chooses to append a value).

but

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-cache-header-02#section-3

|   Going through two layers of caching, both of which were hits, and the
|   second collapsed with other requests:
|
|   Cache-Status: "CDN Company Here"; res-fresh=545,
|                 OriginCache; cache-fresh=1100; collapse-hit=?1

So "CDN Company Here" is the cache closest to the origin server ?

However name indicates that OriginCache  is the cache closest to 
the origin server, but specification says that first member
("CDN Company Here") is the cache closest to the origin server.

/ Kari Hurtta

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2019 10:39:15 +1100

Thanks, Kari. This is what I get for doing a draft revision right before the deadline...

Will fix for the next draft.

Cheers,

> On 5 Nov 2019, at 4:48 pm, Kari Hurtta <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/