Subject: Weekly github digest (HTTP Activity Summary)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2020 02:32:28 -0500 (EST)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* httpwg/http-core (+6/-13/💬36)
  6 issues created:
  - Mid-stream trailers (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/313 [semantics] 
  - Define "request" and "response" independent of HTTP/1.1 (by jyasskin)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/311 
  - fix header field list generating script to work with just " field" postfix in iref (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/310 
  - fix ABNF for If-Match and If-None-Match (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/305 [semantics] 
  - Clarify Accept header parameters and OWS recommendation (by scalablecory)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/301 
  - Transfer-Encoding and HTTP/1.1 "or later" (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/297 [h1-messaging] 

  16 issues received 36 new comments:
  - #305 fix ABNF for If-Match and If-None-Match (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/305 [semantics] 
  - #301 Clarify Accept header parameters and OWS recommendation (4 by mnot, royfielding, scalablecory)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/301 [semantics] 
  - #297 Transfer-Encoding and HTTP/1.1 "or later" (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/297 [h1-messaging] 
  - #286 Vary * (4 by annevk, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/286 [caching] 
  - #276 Content-Length is weird (5 by martinthomson, mnot, reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/276 [h1-messaging] [semantics] [waiting] 
  - #273 message field registry migration needs to consider status "reserved" (1 by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/273 [semantics] 
  - #272 fix grammar for "Vary" header field (3 by mnot, reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/272 [semantics] 
  - #270 Qualified usage of `private` vs. shared caches (3 by mnot, mpdude, royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/270 [caching] 
  - #262 Allow "Etag" in trailer section (1 by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/262 [semantics] 
  - #193 Audit: single value header field error handling (2 by mnot, reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/193 [caching] [semantics] 
  - #179 Case sensitivity of extension point token ids (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/179 [semantics] 
  - #99 Scope of Retry-After (3 by ioggstream, martinthomson, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/99 [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - #58 Content codings contract (2 by annevk, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/58 [semantics] 
  - #39 Content-Type header parsing (1 by annevk)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/39 [semantics] 
  - #30 Field-name syntax (3 by PiotrSikora, mnot, royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/30 [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - #24 Via header: host ABNF could allow "," (1 by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/24 [semantics] 

  13 issues closed:
  - Content codings contract https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/58 [semantics] 
  - Exact separator used when combining header fields https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/148 [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - Mismatching absolute URI and Host header https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/191 [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - Case sensitivity of extension point token ids https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/179 [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - Qualified usage of `private` vs. shared caches https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/270 [caching] [has-proposal] 
  - Vary * https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/286 [caching] [has-proposal] 
  - Quoted cache-control directives https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/128 [caching] [has-proposal] 
  - Clarify semantics of OWS in header field values https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/53 [erratum] [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - Field-name syntax https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/30 [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - Clarify Accept header parameters and OWS recommendation https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/301 [semantics] 
  - Audit: how we talk about list field values https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/289 [has-proposal] 
  - Tighten language around DELETE request bodies https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/258 [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - Allow "Etag" in trailer section https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/262 [semantics] 

* httpwg/http-extensions (+4/-3/💬6)
  4 issues created:
  - Should structured headers serialize data which cannot be parsed? (by clelland)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1055 
  - Structured headers uses COMMA without defining it (by clelland)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1053 
  - String parser requirements do not specify quoted or unquoted characters (by clelland)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1051 
  - Bad link in 6265bis samesite enforcement section (by sbingler)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1046 

  6 issues received 6 new comments:
  - #1055 Should structured headers serialize data which cannot be parsed? (1 by phluid61)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1055 
  - #1046 Bad link in 6265bis samesite enforcement section (1 by mikewest)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1046 [6265bis] 
  - #1043 Decimal rounding (1 by clelland)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1043 [header-structure] 
  - #1031 Uploading a new version of RFC6265bis. (1 by mikewest)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1031 
  - #1026 Merging priorities (1 by kazuho)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1026 [priorities] 
  - #226 Lax same-site cookies should allow <a target="_blank"> (1 by mikewest)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/226 [6265bis] [samesite] 

  3 issues closed:
  - Uploading a new version of RFC6265bis. https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1031 
  - Bad link in 6265bis samesite enforcement section https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1046 [6265bis] 
  - Lax same-site cookies should allow <a target="_blank"> https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/226 [6265bis] [samesite] 

Pull requests
-------------
* httpwg/http-core (+14/-14/💬10)
  14 pull requests submitted:
  - map request target to target URI/resource (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/316 
  - connection options ought to be registered (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/315 
  - Give an example of new field terminology (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/314 
  - recommend comma SP when combining field lines (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/309 
  - Case insensitivity for extension points (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/308 
  - make explicit requirements on origin server to use authority from abs… (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/307 
  - Clarify language regarding CC: private (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/306 
  - Clarify that any "*" as a member of Vary will disable caching (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/304 
  - A last fine point towards RFC 3986 correct text (by vanrein)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/302 
  - Clarify that request bodies on DELETE are not interoperable (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/300 
  - Define semantics and acceptable replacement of WS (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/299 
  - Consistent language about list-based headers (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/298 
  - Allow ETag in trailers (#262) (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/296 
  - Give guidance on interoperable field names (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/295 

  6 pull requests received 10 new comments:
  - #304 Clarify that any "*" as a member of Vary will disable caching (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/304 
  - #300 Clarify that request bodies on DELETE are not interoperable (1 by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/300 
  - #293 In instructions for IANA header field registry migration, consider "reserved" as well (#273) (2 by mnot, reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/293 
  - #284 Change Via to use via-host, disallowing comma (#24) (1 by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/284 
  - #281 Be more correct about what was deprecated by RFC 3986 (and also talk about https URIs) (#278) (3 by royfielding, vanrein)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/281 
  - #266 Define origin and authority for http and https URIs (2 by martinthomson, royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/266 [semantics] 

  14 pull requests merged:
  - Change Via to use via-host, disallowing comma (#24)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/284 
  - recommend comma SP when combining field lines
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/309 
  - make explicit requirements on origin server to use authority from abs…
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/307 
  - Case insensitivity for extension points
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/308 
  - Clarify language regarding CC: private
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/306 
  - Clarify that any "*" as a member of Vary will disable caching
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/304 
  - Change requirements for handling different forms of cache directives
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/288 
  - Define semantics and acceptable replacement of WS
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/299 
  - Give guidance on interoperable field names
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/295 
  - Consistent language about list-based headers
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/298 
  - Clarify that request bodies on DELETE are not interoperable
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/300 
  - In instructions for IANA header field registry migration, consider "reserved" as well (#273)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/293 
  - Allow ETag in trailers (#262)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/296 
  - Rearrange considerations for new fields
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/292 

* httpwg/http-extensions (+6/-2/💬5)
  6 pull requests submitted:
  - Replace COMMA with "," (by clelland)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1054 
  - Minor structured header nits (by clelland)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1052 
  - really fix #1046 (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1050 
  - Update `SUBMITTING.md` to note email address requirements. (by mikewest)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1049 
  - Minimize the semantics of urgency (by kazuho)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1048 
  - [RFC6265bis, Editorial] Typo'd a section number. (by mikewest)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1047 

  4 pull requests received 5 new comments:
  - #1054 Replace COMMA with "," (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1054 
  - #1048 Minimize the semantics of urgency (1 by kazuho)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1048 
  - #1047 [RFC6265bis, Editorial] Typo'd a section number. (2 by mikewest, reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1047 
  - #1013 Clarified the ways cookies may be ignored. (1 by mikewest)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1013 [6265bis] 

  2 pull requests merged:
  - Update `SUBMITTING.md` to note email address requirements.
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1049 
  - [RFC6265bis, Editorial] Typo'd a section number.
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1047 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-core
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions