Subject: New mailer and IETF107 BoF on RIPT - voip over httpbis

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2020 10:44:14 -0500

There is a new work effort underway to standardize an application protocol
on top of httpbis for real-time voice and video, basically replacing SIP,
RTP and SDP. This takes advantage of the usage of QUIC and UDP-based
transport, that makes httpbis more amenable to real-time. The current draft
also makes use of webtransport.

We've got a mailer set up:
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/v3

And you can read the core draft here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-rosenbergjennings-dispatch-ript/?include_text=1

We'll be holding a BoF at IETF107 in Vancouver with the aim of chartering a
working group.

It would be great to get participation and support from the experts in the
httpbis community.

Thx,
Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan Rosenberg, Ph.D.
[email-masked]
http://www.jdrosen.net