Subject: Éric Vyncke's No Objection on draft-ietf-httpbis-header-structure-18: (with COMMENT)

From: Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2020 05:09:24 -0700

Éric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-httpbis-header-structure-18: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-header-structure/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for the work put into this document. The document is easy to read.
And I loved the good old ASCII scissors "--8<--"

Please find below a couple on non-blocking COMMENTs.

I hope that this helps to improve the document,

Regards,

-éric

== COMMENTS ==

-- Section 1 --
In the sentence "the mechanisms described herein are only intended to be used
with those that explicitly opt into them.", does "those" mean "existing HTTP
header" or "header", this little ambiguity should be lifted.

-- Section 4.1.2 --
Wow, I am impressed that nowadays, even a dictionary is sent as an HTTP header.
(just a plain comment of mine even if an example would be useful for me).

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2020 10:25:41 +1000

Hi Éric,

> On 20 May 2020, at 10:09 pm, Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> -- Section 1 --

Fixed with s/those/fields/

> (just a plain comment of mine even if an example would be useful for me).

:)

Thanks,

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/