Subject: Magnus Westerlund's No Objection on draft-ietf-httpbis-client-hints-14: (with COMMENT)

From: Magnus Westerlund via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2020 02:47:39 -0700

Magnus Westerlund has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-httpbis-client-hints-14: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-client-hints/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I have no significant concern here, but I would appreciate an answer if I
understand the situation correctly.

The Accept-CH header value is  structure header value and uses sh-token which
has a more restrictive syntax than the HTTP specifications token used for
header field names. However, this restriction is not of any real practical
concern as all registered HTTP headers starts with an ALPHA. I did notice that
the new HTTP semantics documents proposed new registry was not mandating but
strongly recommending to keep within what sh-token can except. Thus, do I
assume correctly that this issue has been sufficiently discussed in the WG?