Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-httpbis-client-hints-14.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 00:22:28 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the HTTP WG of the IETF.

        Title           : HTTP Client Hints
        Authors         : Ilya Grigorik
                          Yoav Weiss
	Filename        : draft-ietf-httpbis-client-hints-14.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2020-05-18

Abstract:
   HTTP defines proactive content negotiation to allow servers to select
   the appropriate response for a given request, based upon the user
   agent's characteristics, as expressed in request headers.  In
   practice, user agents are often unwilling to send those request
   headers, because it is not clear whether they will be used, and
   sending them impacts both performance and privacy.

   This document defines an Accept-CH response header that servers can
   use to advertise their use of request headers for proactive content
   negotiation, along with a set of guidelines for the creation of such
   headers, colloquially known as "Client Hints."

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-client-hints/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-client-hints-14
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-client-hints-14

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-httpbis-client-hints-14

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/