Subject: Weekly github digest (HTTP Activity Summary)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 May 2020 03:32:09 -0400 (EDT)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* httpwg/http-core (+0/-5/💬11)
  5 issues received 11 new comments:
  - #276 Content-Length is weird (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/276 [h1-messaging] [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - #183 CONNECT description in Semantics is a bit 1.1 specific (2 by mnot, wtarreau)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/183 [semantics] 
  - #48 415 and Accept (2 by mnot, reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/48 [semantics] 
  - #44 Extension capabilities (5 by MikeBishop, mnot, royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/44 [semantics] 
  - #39 Content-Type header parsing (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/39 [semantics] 

  5 issues closed:
  - Content-Length is weird https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/276 [h1-messaging] [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - status-line and request-line in Semantics https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/361 [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - Updating stored headers https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/165 [caching] [has-proposal] 
  - Transfer-Encoding and HTTP/1.1 "or later" https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/297 [h1-messaging] [has-proposal] 
  - CONNECT, OPTIONS and request-target https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/340 [has-proposal] [semantics] 

* httpwg/http-extensions (+31/-0/💬18)
  31 issues created:
  - Note that cookie serialisation algorithm may produce output that doesn't match cookie-string (by gsnedders)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1210 
  - Case and dictionary/parameter keys (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1209 [header-structure] 
  - Intermediaries altering content-coding (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1208 
  - Signature negotiation (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1207 
  - Relations with Signed Exchanges (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1206 
  - Header or Field (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1205 
  - Use case: non repudiation (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1204 [signatures] 
  - Rebrand Signatures draft (by jricher)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1203 [signatures] 
  - Use Structured Headers (by richanna)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1198 
  - Support for signing specific cookies (by richanna)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1197 
  - Support expected authority changes (by richanna)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1196 
  - Define more content identifiers (by richanna)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1195 
  - Expiration not needed (by richanna)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1194 
  - Case changes to case-insensitive header field values break verification (by richanna)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1193 
  - Transformations to Via header field value break verification (by richanna)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1192 
  - Add guidance for signing compressed headers (by richanna)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1191 
  - Remove algorithm-specific rules for content identifiers (by richanna)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1190 
  - Reconcile Date header and Creation Time (by richanna)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1189 
  - Require lowercased header field names as identifiers (by richanna)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1188 
  - Creation Time and Expiration Time do not allow for clock skew (by richanna)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1187 
  - keyId parameter value could break list syntax (by richanna)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1186 
  - Max values, precision for Integer String and Decimal String not defined (by richanna)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1185 
  - Covered Content list is not signed (by richanna)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1184 
  - Multiple Set-Cookie headers are not well supported (by richanna)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1183 
  - Changes to whitespace in header field values break verification (by richanna)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1182 
  - Misleading name for headers parameter (by richanna)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1181 
  - No percent-encoding normalization of path/query (by richanna)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1180 
  - Algorithm Registry should not be initialized with deprecated entries (by richanna)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1179 
  - Algorithm Registry duplicates work of JWA (by richanna)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1178 
  - Lack of definition of keyId hurts interoperability (by richanna)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1177 
  - Confusing guidance on algorithm and key identification (by richanna)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1176 

  12 issues received 18 new comments:
  - #1209 Case and dictionary/parameter keys (3 by LPardue, bsdphk, reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1209 [header-structure] 
  - #1208 Intermediaries altering content-coding (5 by LPardue, ioggstream, wbl)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1208 [digest-headers] 
  - #1204 Use case: non repudiation (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1204 [signatures] 
  - #1196 Support expected authority changes (1 by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1196 [signatures] 
  - #1195 Define more content identifiers (1 by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1195 [signatures] 
  - #1194 Expiration not needed (1 by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1194 [signatures] 
  - #1193 Case changes to case-insensitive header field values break verification (1 by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1193 [signatures] 
  - #1192 Transformations to Via header field value break verification (1 by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1192 [signatures] 
  - #1191 Add guidance for signing compressed headers (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1191 [signatures] 
  - #1189 Reconcile Date header and Creation Time (1 by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1189 [signatures] 
  - #1187 Creation Time and Expiration Time do not allow for clock skew (1 by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1187 [signatures] 
  - #1185 Max values, precision for Integer String and Decimal String not defined (1 by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1185 [signatures] 

Pull requests
-------------
* httpwg/http-core (+3/-5/💬8)
  3 pull requests submitted:
  - Add "Comments" to HTTP field registry, and fix entry for "Close" to be "standard" with comment "(reserved)" (#273)  (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/376 
  - Don't claim Transfer-Encoding is in HTTP/2. (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/374 
  - Prohibit bare CRs in field values and sections. (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/373 

  5 pull requests received 8 new comments:
  - #373 Prohibit bare CRs in field values and sections. (4 by mnot, reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/373 
  - #363 Qualify requirement on applying conditionals (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/363 
  - #362 remove request-line and status-line from Semantics (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/362 
  - #352 Define CONNECT and OPTIONS in term of target URIs (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/352 
  - #282 In considerations for new header fields, discourage ABNF mixing lists with other constructs (#7) (1 by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/282 

  5 pull requests merged:
  - remove request-line and status-line from Semantics
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/362 
  - Talk about exceptions to storing and updating headers
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/337 
  - Don't claim Transfer-Encoding is in HTTP/2.
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/374 
  - slightly clarify "optional whitespace"
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/371 
  - Define CONNECT and OPTIONS in term of target URIs
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/352 

* httpwg/http-extensions (+5/-0/💬2)
  5 pull requests submitted:
  - digest-headers: use recommended reference format (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1202 
  - header-structure: rephrase sentence in list parsing section (by undef1nd)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1201 
  - rfc6265bis: fix broken internal links (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1200 
  - digest-headers: remove non-ASCII characters from prose (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1199 
  - Initial commit of message-signatures-00 draft, converted to Markdown. (by richanna)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1175 

  2 pull requests received 2 new comments:
  - #1167 PRIORITY_UPDATE can be used for initial priority, split H3 frames into two types (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1167 [priorities] 
  - #1041 Fixes: #1016. Use Origin Server and User Agent (1 by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1041 [priorities] 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-core
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions