Subject: Weekly github digest (HTTP Activity Summary)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 May 2020 03:32:14 -0400 (EDT)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* httpwg/http-core (+1/-4/💬6)
  1 issues created:
  - Align IMS and IUS with the approach taken in #357 (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/359 

  5 issues received 6 new comments:
  - #356 Clarify use of If-None-Match with unsafe methods (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/356 [semantics] 
  - #326 Handling of If-Unmodified-Since with unknown modified dates (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/326 [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - #193 Audit: single value header field error handling (2 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/193 [caching] [semantics] 
  - #183 CONNECT description in Semantics is a bit 1.1 specific (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/183 [semantics] 
  - #165 Updating stored headers (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/165 [caching] [has-proposal] 

  4 issues closed:
  - Multiple Content-Length values that mismatch https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/59 [h1-messaging] [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - Defining "incomplete" https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/334 [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - Define "request" and "response" independent of HTTP/1.1 https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/311 [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - Clarify use of If-None-Match with unsafe methods https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/356 [semantics] 

* httpwg/http-extensions (+2/-2/💬5)
  2 issues created:
  - Dictionary serialisation algo problem (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1164 [header-structure] 
  - RFC 6265bis: Specify that document.cookie should not be able to access SameSite cookies in cross-site iframes (by chlily1)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1163 

  4 issues received 5 new comments:
  - #1164 Dictionary serialisation algo problem (2 by annevk, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1164 [header-structure] 
  - #1161 rfc6562bis draft-6 section 4.1.1 syntax says US-ASCII but is not? (1 by mikewest)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1161 
  - #1021 Reprioritization frames (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1021 [priorities] 
  - #885 Define id- as a prefix for any Digest alg, not just id-sha-256 and id-sha-512 (1 by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/885 [digest-headers] 

  2 issues closed:
  - Deprecate sha-1 https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1020 [digest-headers] 
  - rfc6562bis draft-6 section 4.1.1 syntax says US-ASCII but is not? https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1161 

Pull requests
-------------
* httpwg/http-core (+2/-9/💬13)
  2 pull requests submitted:
  - Rename anchors from "header." to "field." (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/360 
  - Present If-[none]-Match evaluation more clearly (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/357 

  10 pull requests received 13 new comments:
  - #353 Make text body narrower for readability (2 by martinthomson, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/353 
  - #352 Define CONNECT and OPTIONS in term of target URIs (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/352 
  - #350 Remove obs-fold from semantics (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/350 
  - #348 Refine requirements on If-Unmodified-Since (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/348 
  - #346 Move "invalidate" definition up (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/346 
  - #344 Don't rely on the HTTP/1.1 Messaging specification to define "message" (2 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/344 
  - #343 Adjust multiple Content-Length handling (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/343 
  - #341 Move TE: trailers into Semantics (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/341 
  - #337 Talk about exceptions to storing and updating headers (2 by mnot, royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/337 
  - #316 map request target to target URI/resource (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/316 

  9 pull requests merged:
  - Rename anchors from "header." to "field."
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/360 
  - Move "invalidate" definition up
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/346 
  - Adjust multiple Content-Length handling
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/343 
  - Make text body narrower for readability
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/353 
  - Move definition of "complete" to semantics
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/345 
  - Remove H1-specific connection-related requirements
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/354 
  - map request target to target URI/resource
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/316 
  - Don't rely on the HTTP/1.1 Messaging specification to define "message"
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/344 
  - Present If-[none]-Match evaluation more clearly
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/357 

* httpwg/http-extensions (+4/-4/💬0)
  4 pull requests submitted:
  - Initial priority frame (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1168 
  - Fill out TODOs in PRIORITY_UPDATE, split H3 frames into two types (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1167 
  - Create an inline reference to semantics. (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1166 
  - Mention mid-stream trailers in the FAQ. (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1165 

  4 pull requests merged:
  - Mention mid-stream trailers in the FAQ.
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1165 [digest-headers] 
  - Start mentioning trailers. See #884.
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1157 [digest-headers] 
  - Update 7231->httpbis-semantics
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1156 [digest-headers] 
  - Fix: #1020. Deprecate sha-1
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1154 [digest-headers] 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-core
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions