Subject: Weekly github digest (HTTP Activity Summary)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2020 03:32:02 -0400 (EDT)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* httpwg/http-core (+2/-5/💬11)
  2 issues created:
  - draft-ietf-httpbis-semantics should not recommend checking the CN field in certificates (by davidben)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/404 
  - Reduce verbose range coallecing example (by amichair)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/402 

  5 issues received 11 new comments:
  - #404 draft-ietf-httpbis-semantics should not recommend checking the CN field in certificates (1 by davidben)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/404 
  - #313 Mid-stream trailers (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/313 [semantics] 
  - #274 need to reserve field name and method name "*" (1 by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/274 [semantics] 
  - #228 http(s) URI normalization (5 by reschke, royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/228 [semantics] 
  - #12 RFC7233 - byte range response with empty representation (3 by amichair, royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/12 [semantics] 

  5 issues closed:
  - need to reserve field name and method name "*" https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/274 [semantics] 
  - RFC7233 - byte range response with empty representation https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/12 [semantics] 
  - fix grammar for "Vary" header field https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/272 [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - fix ABNF for If-Match and If-None-Match https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/305 [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - http(s) URI normalization https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/228 [semantics] 

* httpwg/http-extensions (+0/-0/💬4)
  2 issues received 4 new comments:
  - #1216 What signals are subsumed by priority hints? (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1216 [priorities] 
  - #850 Clarify digest-algorithm syntax with parameters. (3 by ioggstream, reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/850 [digest-headers] 

Pull requests
-------------
* httpwg/http-core (+8/-10/💬5)
  8 pull requests submitted:
  - reserve "*" as field name and method name (#274) (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/403 
  - Avoid use of obsolete media type parameter on text/html (#375) (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/401 
  - bap fix: list rule expansion for groups was not updated for 2019 style expansion (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/400 
  - Make Vary always list-based (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/399 
  - State that multiple "*" has no defined semantics (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/398 
  - Adjust "beginning with... followed by" language (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/397 
  - Move Date/Time formats (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/396 
  - Clarify Range request on a zero-length representation (by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/395 

  3 pull requests received 5 new comments:
  - #399 Make Vary always list-based (1 by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/399 
  - #397 Adjust "beginning with... followed by" language (3 by mnot, royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/397 
  - #387 semantics should only informatively reference messaging (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/387 

  10 pull requests merged:
  - reserve "*" as field name and method name (#274)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/403 
  - Adjust "beginning with... followed by" language
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/397 
  - Avoid use of obsolete media type parameter on text/html (#375)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/401 
  - bap fix: list rule expansion for groups was not updated for 2019 style expansion (#192)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/400 
  - Clarify Range request on a zero-length representation
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/395 
  - Rough in discussion of extensibility
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/384 
  - Make Vary always list-based
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/399 
  - State that multiple "*" has no defined semantics
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/398 
  - Move Date/Time formats
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/396 
  - Collected ABNF should be based on sender requirements for list expansion (#192)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/393 

* httpwg/http-extensions (+2/-1/💬1)
  2 pull requests submitted:
  - Rough in priorities security concerns (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1225 
  - move Fairness and client scheduling to top level (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1224 

  1 pull requests received 1 new comments:
  - #1058 rfced recommended section reference format (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1058 [priorities] 

  1 pull requests merged:
  - rfced recommended section reference format
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1058 [priorities] 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-core
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions