Subject: Weekly github digest (HTTP Activity Summary)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2020 03:32:39 -0400 (EDT)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* httpwg/http-core (+2/-2/💬13)
  2 issues created:
  - CONNECT_UDP and request form (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/436 
  - Talk about the relationship between Host and TLS SNI (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/434 [semantics] 

  5 issues received 13 new comments:
  - #436 CONNECT_UDP and request form (2 by mnot, royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/436 [semantics] 
  - #404 draft-ietf-httpbis-semantics should not recommend checking the CN field in certificates (2 by davidben, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/404 [semantics] 
  - #136 WWW-Authenticate parsing (2 by mnot, reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/136 [discuss] [semantics] 
  - #39 Content-Type header parsing (4 by annevk, reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/39 [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - #22 Clarify rules around half-closed TCP connections (3 by wenbozhu, wtarreau)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/22 [discuss] [h1-messaging] [has-proposal] 

  2 issues closed:
  - Defining Content-Length independently from its use in HTTP/1.1 framing https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/118 [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - Clarify rules around half-closed TCP connections https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/22 [discuss] [h1-messaging] [has-proposal] 

* httpwg/http-extensions (+1/-4/💬23)
  1 issues created:
  - Feedback on draft-ietf-httpbis-priority-01 (by olnrao)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1244 

  12 issues received 23 new comments:
  - #1244 Feedback on draft-ietf-httpbis-priority-01 (5 by LPardue, olnrao)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1244 [priorities] 
  - #1238 Clearing Client Hint preferences with browser history seems odd (7 by amtunlimited, davidben, martinthomson, reschke, yoavweiss)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1238 [client-hints] 
  - #1221 duplicate digest-algorithms in field value (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1221 [digest-headers] 
  - #1005 digest use case: resume upload (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1005 [digest-headers] 
  - #970 the request method should not vary the digest semantic (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/970 [digest-headers] 
  - #949 Digest and Caching (2 by LPardue, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/949 [digest-headers] 
  - #943 SEARCH method (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/943 
  - #884 Mention effects of transfer coding and HTTP trailers (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/884 [digest-headers] 
  - #872 Use cases for Digest (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/872 [digest-headers] 
  - #852 Create a threat model for `Digest` header. (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/852 [digest-headers] 
  - #851 Using Digest in signatures (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/851 [digest-headers] 
  - #850 Clarify digest-algorithm syntax with parameters. (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/850 [digest-headers] 

  4 issues closed:
  - Feedback on draft-ietf-httpbis-priority-01 https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1244 [priorities] 
  - Give guidance about how to choose an error code https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1240 [proxy-status] 
  - SEARCH method https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/943 
  - TLS [Untrusted, Expired] Peer Certificate https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1227 [proxy-status] 

Pull requests
-------------
* httpwg/http-core (+1/-2/💬2)
  1 pull requests submitted:
  - Talk about BREACH (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/435 

  2 pull requests received 2 new comments:
  - #435 Talk about BREACH (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/435 
  - #425 Define error handling for multiple Content-Type (1 by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/425 

  2 pull requests merged:
  - Define Content-Length independently from its use in HTTP/1.1 framing
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/433 
  - Talk about client half-close
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/431 

* httpwg/http-extensions (+2/-2/💬3)
  2 pull requests submitted:
  - Clearer and less prescriptive wording for when to delete Client Hint persistence preferences (by amtunlimited)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1243 
  - Fix typos. (by PiotrSikora)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1242 

  3 pull requests received 3 new comments:
  - #1243 Remove requirement to clear Client Hint preferences on browser history clear (1 by amtunlimited)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1243 
  - #1242 Fix typos. (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1242 
  - #1239 Collapse TLS errors down to two. (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1239 

  2 pull requests merged:
  - Fix typos.
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1242 
  - Collapse TLS errors down to two.
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1239 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-core
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions