Subject: Weekly github digest (HTTP Activity Summary)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2020 03:32:07 -0400 (EDT)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* httpwg/http-core (+1/-4/💬3)
  1 issues created:
  - Variants cause conflicts in browser cache (by namedgraph)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/443 

  2 issues received 3 new comments:
  - #443 Variants cause conflicts in browser cache (1 by awwright)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/443 
  - #277 Clarification of GET versus POST for information retrieval (2 by bazzadp, royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/277 [has-proposal] [semantics] 

  4 issues closed:
  - Clarification of GET versus POST for information retrieval https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/277 [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - draft-ietf-httpbis-semantics should not recommend checking the CN field in certificates https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/404 [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - Mid-stream trailers https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/313 [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - Allow request entity-body related errors after 412 Precondition Failed testing https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/261 [has-proposal] [semantics] 

* httpwg/http-extensions (+0/-2/💬3)
  2 issues received 3 new comments:
  - #1139 If ADLER32 isn't good enough, why is sum OK? (2 by LPardue, ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1139 [digest-headers] 
  - #850 Clarify digest-algorithm syntax with parameters (or drop parameters). (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/850 [digest-headers] 

  2 issues closed:
  - Explain reference to `cache-validators` https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/936 [digest-headers] 
  - A client requests an unsupported Digest, the server MAY reply with a 400 https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/968 [digest-headers] 

Pull requests
-------------
* httpwg/http-core (+1/-4/💬1)
  1 pull requests submitted:
  - Explain why GET-based queries might transmit sensitive data, suggest … (by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/441 

  1 pull requests received 1 new comments:
  - #437 Rewrite Identifying HTTPS Servers (1 by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/437 

  4 pull requests merged:
  - Explain why GET-based queries might transmit sensitive data, suggest …
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/441 
  - Rewrite Identifying HTTPS Servers
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/437 
  - Allow for multiple trailer sections and define iterative processing
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/439 
  - Allow preconditions to be evaluated before processing the request body
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/440 

* httpwg/http-extensions (+2/-3/💬7)
  2 pull requests submitted:
  - Remove references to "validator fields" (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1254 
  - Fix: #1211. Recommend lowercase digest-algorithm names. (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1253 

  3 pull requests received 7 new comments:
  - #1253 Fix: #1211. Recommend lowercase digest-algorithm names. (3 by LPardue, ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1253 [digest-headers] 
  - #1249 Fix: #968. Clarifications on Want-Digest. (1 by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1249 [digest-headers] 
  - #1248 Fix: #970. Digest semantic depends on method. (3 by LPardue, reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1248 [digest-headers] 

  3 pull requests merged:
  - Remove references to "validator fields"
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1254 [digest-headers] 
  - Fix: #936. Cache semantics impacts on Digest and on the representation.
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/937 [digest-headers] 
  - Fix: #968. Clarifications on Want-Digest.
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1249 [digest-headers] 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-core
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions