Subject: Weekly github digest (HTTP Activity Summary)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2020 03:32:13 -0400 (EDT)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* httpwg/http-core (+1/-11/💬24)
  1 issues created:
  - Host and Vary (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/422 [semantics] 

  11 issues received 24 new comments:
  - #407 Connection (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/407 [h1-messaging] [semantics] 
  - #404 draft-ietf-httpbis-semantics should not recommend checking the CN field in certificates (2 by ekr, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/404 [semantics] 
  - #277 Clarification of GET versus POST for information retrieval (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/277 [semantics] 
  - #203 Expect should be a list header (2 by mnot, reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/203 [semantics] 
  - #182 Section 5.4 (Host) in Semantics has normative 1.1 requirements (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/182 [semantics] 
  - #166 No validator requirement in 2xx response for conditional update (1 by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/166 [semantics] 
  - #136 WWW-Authenticate parsing (3 by bagder, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/136 [discuss] [semantics] 
  - #33 MIME type parsing (1 by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/33 [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - #22 Clarify rules around half-closed TCP connections (8 by mnot, wenbozhu, wtarreau)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/22 [discuss] [h1-messaging] [has-proposal] 
  - #7 new header field considerations: list vs keyword (2 by mnot, reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/7 [semantics] [waiting] 
  - #6 Security considerations: discuss BREACH in the context of gzip encoding (2 by mnot, reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/6 [semantics] 

  11 issues closed:
  - No validator requirement in 2xx response for conditional update https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/166 [semantics] 
  - 3xx redirects - request formation https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/38 [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - MIME type parsing https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/33 [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - Content-Encodings should be self-describing https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/21 [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - Section 5.4 (Host) in Semantics has normative 1.1 requirements https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/182 [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - MIME type parsing https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/33 [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - Connection https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/407 [h1-messaging] [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - Audit: single value header field error handling https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/193 [caching] [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - unnecessary use of 1#element for header field definitions https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/210 [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - Expect should be a list header https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/203 [semantics] 
  - new header field considerations: list vs keyword https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/7 [semantics] [waiting] 

* httpwg/http-extensions (+2/-2/💬3)
  2 issues created:
  - Incrementally Better Cookies vs RFC6265bis (by annevk)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1241 
  - Give guidance about how to choose an error code (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1240 [proxy-status] 

  2 issues received 3 new comments:
  - #1241 Incrementally Better Cookies vs RFC6265bis (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1241 
  - #1215 Ensure digest is independent from http/1.1 (2 by ioggstream, reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1215 [digest-headers] 

  2 issues closed:
  - Escape valve for implementation-specific info https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1231 [cache-header] 
  - Proxy configuration error https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1229 [proxy-status] 

Pull requests
-------------
* httpwg/http-core (+10/-10/💬11)
  10 pull requests submitted:
  - Define Content-Length independently from its use in HTTP/1.1 framing (by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/433 
  - remove edge case requirement for If-Match and If-Unmodified-Since (by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/432 
  - Talk about client half-close (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/431 
  - new content codings ought to be self-descriptive (by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/430 
  - tweak introduction as per comments on #416; fixes #64 (by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/429 
  - Add parameters rule (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/427 
  - Move Connection to Semantics (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/426 
  - Define error handling for multiple Content-Type (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/425 
  - Specify how to create a redirection request (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/424 
  - Host header field is redundant (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/423 

  6 pull requests received 11 new comments:
  - #432 remove edge case requirement for If-Match and If-Unmodified-Since (1 by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/432 [semantics] 
  - #427 Add parameters rule (3 by annevk, reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/427 
  - #425 Define error handling for multiple Content-Type (2 by mnot, reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/425 
  - #424 Specify how to create a redirection request (3 by mnot, royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/424 
  - #421 Remove 1# (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/421 
  - #414 Semantics re-org (#368) (1 by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/414 

  10 pull requests merged:
  - remove edge case requirement for If-Match and If-Unmodified-Since
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/432 [semantics] 
  - Specify how to create a redirection request
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/424 
  - new content codings ought to be self-descriptive
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/430 
  - tweak introduction as per comments on #416; fixes #64
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/429 
  - Host is 1.1-specific
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/412 
  - Add parameters rule
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/427 
  - Move Connection to Semantics
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/426 
  - Singleton fields
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/383 
  - 'Host header field' is redundant
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/423 
  - Remove 1#
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/421 

* httpwg/http-extensions (+1/-0/💬7)
  1 pull requests submitted:
  - Collapse TLS errors down to two. (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1239 

  1 pull requests received 7 new comments:
  - #1239 Collapse TLS errors down to two. (7 by PiotrSikora, mnot, sleevi)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1239 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-core
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions